JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This "argument" has been around a while, and while science has found it inconclusive, there are some persistent "facts" that people keep coming back to. Time in bore with muzzle loader or a DA vs a SA and inertia of a hammer and spring, and what that inertia does while the projectile is still in the bore. I remember hearing about this specifically involving Black powder arms, Flint locks especially, and the inertia causing things to move off point of aim! The 1911 crowd of hard core junkies have a black art tuning trick that is supposed to tune the slide motion to slow it down on the unlock until the projectile has exited the barrel. This is supposed to improve accuracy! I don't own any racing 1911's nor any with this "trick" so I cant speak to it working or not!

Shot many guns in a ransom rest, there are some very accurate guns out there. Regardless of design. As far as most accurate I have shot, 2come to mind. A SW model 14 and a t/c contender in 30/30 10" barrel.

The gun with the lightest trigger pull will be the most accurate...from anything I've ever read on the subject. From personal experience, I have no reason to doubt this fact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top