JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good choice, not as loud as other calibers (unsuppressed) as well.

Although I'd hate to shoot near on anything indoors without ear protection (home defense in this context), .300 would be far closer to a handgun. Hearing damage wise. I'd think anyhow.

Where .223/5.56, & up calibers could likely permanently damage hearing after just a single round fired. Just IMO.

300BLK will mess up your hearing just the same in supersonic, might be a little less with subsonic

Food for thought.

1591721861703.jpeg

Yeah yeah yeah, Hi Point bullpup, but next to an AR Pistol (without brace) from another forum... 16-17.5" barrel on the Hi Point, in a bullpup configuration versus the AR pistol with an <16" barrel in conventional configuration. 1abfc235a0a9f9e22cacf1f1782aa0d9.jpg

Sweet thx man! I disliked making an appointment and going to sheriff's office to get them. I feel like these guys because the NFA dealer I used said I had to do through sheriff's office.

There is actually an excellent Reddit thread on how to efile your F1 and fill out your own fingerprint cards. Has worked for me several times.

Didn't Olympic Arms try something like that first with their OA-93 pistols? That might be cool to see in .300BLK...
Yea and as I recall the closest thing to that design is the extar 556 but I dunno much about that one. I wasn't that impressed with Olympic design from research I've done but at least they were trying which is cool.
extar 556
A4B323F0-EB9A-483F-8589-65DC37C8E190.jpeg
I probably should have listed the ones above. Rock river arms, hk 93 variants, sig 556 variants, BRN-180, foldar

That Brownells one looks slick without any receiver extension on it.

That Brownells one looks slick without any receiver extension on it.
Yea there are some cool brn-180 builds on YouTube with folding stocks etc. also Ian at inrangetv did a couple videos on the brn-180 including a mud test which is worth watching imo. It's an intriguing gun.

I also like the hk93 but not the cost. I would love to find an hk93 clone of good quality but most are Crappy century arms derivatives (including PTRs short run of them which used century's arms gun plus their parts).

Last Edited:
OK I have been trying to educate myself with the legalities of an AR pistol 'brace' and still a bit unclear.

I have read the LOP cannot exceed 13.5" with the brace and the forestock cannot have a verticle grip adapter.

I also read where the brace is supposed to have a strap on it that cannot be removed or it might constitute 'modifying' the brace into a stock - yet I see a lot of pics of braces on pistols without straps.

I also read where it is 'technically' legal to shoulder the brace however:

Anyway if someone could give me the basics I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
I don't think the brace should be counted in the LOP measurement since the BATF deemed them accessories in or around 2018. If they won't count them when measuring overall length of firearm then don't count them at all.

I've never really been exposed to the advantages of the 'brace'. They too much resemble the theoretical advantages of the mares leg design. Maybe I'm wrong.
I for a long time was not interested, then I tried one. It was a TON of damn fun. So made my first one and after making sure it was 100% became a great house gun. Not to mention in this state since it's a hand gun by law I can carry one loaded in my vehicle.

Well free American, everything is legal unless otherwise stated in law.
Pistol braces were not identified as illegal so the companies began to produce and sell them. Yes they sent prototypes to the ATF out of a preponderance of caution. The ATF could not find in law that they were illegal so they gave approval. Millions were made and sold and purchased and assembled.
Your nor a little bit more free because you now know that everything is legal unless there's a law stating otherwise.

Well free American, everything is legal unless otherwise stated in law.
Pistol braces were not identified as illegal so the companies began to produce and sell them. Yes they sent prototypes to the ATF out of a preponderance of caution. The ATF could not find in law that they were illegal so they gave approval. Millions were made and sold and purchased and assembled.
Your nor a little bit more free because you now know that everything is legal unless there's a law stating otherwise.
There is the NFA which defines a SBR. If the BATF determines any device mounted to the rear of your unregistered pistol is a stock then you are screwed. There are an infinite number of different types, shapes and sizes of stocks. There is no law that says they can't identify what we consider a brace as a stock, or is there?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top