JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like the story said the guy didn't know his son had dropped the rifle earlier that day. I'm just curious why he didn't adjust down on shot #2? Must have thought he pulled the first one.

Working the hunter sight in at the range allows me to see these types of 'hunters' all the time. They talk a huge game then can't hit the broad side of a barn.

My most recent favorite was the idiot who was going to hunt elk with a .300AAC AR because it's .30 caliber and has enough energy to kill. This guy wasn't going to kill any elk, he was 5'2" and probably 350lbs. He wasn't going to be hiking anywhere without oxygen.

I find it interesting that some hunters only sight in and practice at a range off a bench or similar conditions.
I understand that some folks don't have access to public lands to shoot.
Shooting at a range is vastly different than shooting in hunting fields.
I am lucky to have have public land near by , so I can practice shooting while under hunting conditions.

If you can get out off the range and practice where you hunt or some where like it , I feel you will be a better hunter.
There are no benches to steady you or range makers for distance to target , out in the wild. Getting to know my limits as a hunter and shooter in a real , uncontrolled environment has helped me in my shooting and hunting.
Andy

I find it interesting that some hunters only sight in and practice at a range off a bench or similar conditions.
I understand that some folks don't have access to public lands to shoot.
Shooting at a range is vastly different than shooting in hunting fields.
I am lucky to have have public land near by , so I can practice shooting while under hunting conditions.

If you can get out off the range and practice where you hunt or some where like it , I feel you will be a better hunter.
There are no benches to steady you or range makers for distance to target , out in the wild. Getting to know my limits as a hunter and shooter in a real , uncontrolled environment has helped me in my shooting and hunting.
Andy
I agree. I have found it harder to judge distance in central/eastern Oregon where the trees and vegetation are of a different scale than western Oregon, visually speaking, and what I assume is 100 yards is not so. At least that has been my experience.

I was hunting newr St Helens this year. We stopped for some food and heard a shot. Thinking dang someone got our elk. Then another shot, and another, and another, and it just kept going.
I was thinking, WTF? Is someone target shooting. We counted like 14 shots.
Then we stopped at the store for some snacks on the way home and this old guy was talking about it. He said they guy shooting missed an elk with every shot and only stopped shooting because he ran out of ammo.

I was hunting newr St Helens this year. We stopped for some food and heard a shot. Thinking dang someone got our elk. Then another shot, and another, and another, and it just kept going.
I was thinking, WTF? Is someone target shooting. We counted like 14 shots.
Then we stopped at the store for some snacks on the way home and this old guy was talking about it. He said they guy shooting missed an elk with every shot and only stopped shooting because he ran out of ammo.

Maybe he should take up fishing o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top