JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man, I'd hate to be the guy in those first 2 photos. Everywhere you go, people are either looking at you funny like you're a criminal, or visualizing you full of holes because they shot you up last weekend!

shoot.gif

Imagine being me, I look like the third guy!

Have her lean forward a bit, aggressively. Knees slightly bent and springy stance. Also move that target up a LOT closer, and get some realistic Speedwell bad/good guy targets. There will be no bullseye on the street or in a home break in, only an indistinct clothed form coming at her. . She should not be shooing that gun beyond 15 feet IMO until she has a lot of rounds under her belt. I regularly train my lady at point blank range.. 3 feet from muzzle to target, and have her unload it as fast as possible. this is by far the most likely scenario for a gal. After you get her better trained teach her to shoot to the left or right while seated (as in a car-scenario)

Also, (eventually) train her to shoot with one hand/either hand. it's very unlikely that she will have time to use both hands if suddenly attacked on the street. Keep this training close range, maybe 3 to 10 feet at first. This will be the most realistic scenario and it will build confidence, faster

I suggested that she move closer but she didn't want to. Her first 12 rounds out of the gun she hit the target 8 times and 5 of those in about a 5 inch group in the center. I was pretty surprised with the accuracy given the distance she was shooting and how new she really is

I suggested that she move closer but she didn't want to. Her first 12 rounds out of the gun she hit the target 8 times and 5 of those in about a 5 inch group in the center. I was pretty surprised with the accuracy given the distance she was shooting and how new she really is

Well you shouldn't try to force her because that will just cause bad vibes. Let her get used to her new friend first and eventually try to get her used to the fact that most self defense shootings are in dark conditions and up close and that she should work towards preparing for that event which we all hope never happens. It has for my wife and I several times down in the madhouse called commiefornia..

She's a beginner so take this as constructive criticism for later on after she gets some rounds under her belt.. she needs to be a lot faster and a lot more accurate if she wants to drop a big, mean, maybe crazy or hopped up street rat

My wife can put 18 rds (in less than 18 seconds) of full power .357 magnum 125 grainers into 2 inches at 10 yards. That's two revolver speedloader reloads.. she's 5 foot 4 and very femmy. Proper technique, and practice, practice, practice

I'm not against a laser (The instant-on when you grip it/no brainer type, with no on/off switch) for this type of belly gun, in fact my very experienced gunner wife has a Crimson Trace on her BUG, a S & W Bodyguard .38 special. her primary is a S & W .357 magnum, the old M65 with 3 inch heavy barrel. Her two gun tactical gun (backup to her AR15) is our new G23 Glocks, and we are probably going to buy LCPs for 2nd or third boot/pocket type backups. I already reload for the .380

My question is how high up in the air was the darn target??? She looked like the gun was almost pointed skyward in a few cases. that is not the best direction to be shooting unless you backstop is a mountain. :)

Otherwise very nice videos.

It seemed pretty level to me. And yea there pretty much is a mountain for a backstop

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top