JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Device
Desktop / Laptop - Microsoft Windows
Browser
Google Chrome
Reactions
Issue: sometimes watched threads do not show up in my alerts when there are new posts, but they do show up in the "New" search list (selecting "New" from the nav menu).

I see no pattern in which threads for which this happens, but I did check that they are mark as watched, and other times I do get an alert for those threads. They do show up in my "watched" thread list.

Issue: sometimes watched threads do not show up in my alerts when there are new posts, but they do show up in the "New" search list (selecting "New" from the nav menu).

I see no pattern in which threads for which this happens, but I did check that they are mark as watched, and other times I do get an alert for those threads. They do show up in my "watched" thread list.
I have had this happen as well. I thought that maybe it was due to the number of watched threads and the server just rolling it's digital eyes every once in a while. Either that or there is a secret "vote the a-hole off the thread" feature.

When I find a watched thread that is not giving me alerts, I un watch it then re watch it.
Seems to fix it for a while.

I have had this happen as well. I thought that maybe it was due to the number of watched threads and the server just rolling it's digital eyes every once in a while. Either that or there is a secret "vote the a-hole off the thread" feature.
I had wondered that too :D Often a thread I am "watching" will get new traffic and I only see it if I stumble across it. So its not "just me" :s0140:

Seems that the "watched thread" feature times out after a certain period. Can't say exactly what that period is, but it definitely happens.

ETA: I personally don't mind, as my attention span is limited and it's nice not to have to unwatch threads as they age.

Seems that the "watched thread" feature times out after a certain period. Can't say exactly what that period is, but it definitely happens.

ETA: I personally don't mind, as my attention span is limited and it's nice not to have to unwatch threads as they age.
I don't think so. I've been watching threads for years that I still get alerts for, and other threads I've only watched for a few days to weeks (because they are new) that drop off the "radar" and suddenly don't get alerts for.

I have had this happen too but I fixed it. I unchecked all the alert boxes so now I don't get any alerts. This rules out any bias in which threads give me alerts:) Life sucks now because I don't see any responses or reactions to my post or threads unless I search them out. Once my NWFA addiction is cured I may enable the alert function again.

I've been trying to reproduce this, but no luck unfortunately. By design (not our design), the software alerts members of a new reply to a thread you're watching only if you've viewed the thread since the last alert. The reason this happens is to prevent flooding members with an alert/email for every new post in a watched thread (also greatly increasing our server resource usage). This means that if you received an alert for a reply to a thread a couple days ago, but didn't actually view the thread, and someone replies to it again today, you will not receive an alert for the reply today.

Any chance this is what you're seeing @The Heretic?

I've been trying to reproduce this, but no luck unfortunately. By design (not our design), the software alerts members of a new reply to a thread you're watching only if you've viewed the thread since the last alert. The reason this happens is to prevent flooding members with an alert/email for every new post in a watched thread (also greatly increasing our server resource usage). This means that if you received an alert for a reply to a thread a couple days ago, but didn't actually view the thread, and someone replies to it again today, you will not receive an alert for the reply today.

Any chance this is what you're seeing @The Heretic?
My only complaint about alerts was something else altogether and I haven't seen it lately. Alerts seem to work fine for me. I have email alerts turned off for everything except PMs?

Although this morning or yesterday, there was an alert when I came to the forum, for someone replying to a post of mine in a thread that I never looked at much less posted in. When I clicked on the alert, it took me to the thread, but there was nothing there for me, just a post of replies to 3 other people. It was an alert to this post:

I never looked at that thread much less posted anything to it.

My only complaint about alerts was something else altogether and I haven't seen it lately. Alerts seem to work fine for me.
Great!

Although this morning or yesterday, there was an alert when I came to the forum, for someone replying to a post of mine in a thread that I never looked at much less posted in. When I clicked on the alert, it took me to the thread, but there was nothing there for me, just a post of replies to 3 other people.
Crap! You're not the first person to report something like this. I'll make note to look into it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top