JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In an email from Sportsmans today. Since this is not April 1, I'm guessing it's for real.

"Own a piece of history"
  • Collectors Edition Overbox
  • Original Style Peel Lid Box
  • Gen 1 GLOCK Styling
  • 100% Factory Made GLOCK
  • Certificate of Authenticity Included
  • 17+1 or 10+1 Round Capacity
$619.99

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 1.05.31 PM.png

This is all a plot to start a new upgrade cycle... create a deja vu experience.

"Own a piece of history" becomes

"Tired of your Gen 1? Get your Gen 1 upgrade parts now! Convert your Gen 1 to Gen 2 !"

Sorry, I'm in marketing, so my brain works this way ... and don't forget about any historic manufacturer recalls either.

it's just a Gen 6 in disguise. They just recycling and starting over. The fanboys will eat it up though. Haha. I'll stick with my G17 Gen 4.

...or in an Alternate Universe they get semi-creative and follow the path (as others) to metal...G 17 Gen 6 Metal... like CANiK SFx Rival-S , Sig Tungsten Infused and I forgot one other, I think it was Smith and Wesson (?).

The tungsten infused is awesome. I'd like to see that on a Glock. But people would complain about it being too heavy….. Bla Bla Bla.

Is this a relabeled P80 Glock? Everyone was confusing P80 with Polymer 80, so they should have done this from the start.
I'm assuming it a NOS version, i.e. New Old Stock (like they do with 55 Chevys, bring out the old jigs, tooling, etc.).

Because the ad says this specifically =>

The newer P80 (not Polymer 80) was also a 100% factory made Glock. I doubt these are new old stock Gen 1's from the 1980's.
yep - you are correct 1234, I shouldn't have stated NOS, what I was trying to say was bring out old tooling, but maybe that isn't correct either, they could have just made new tooling to replicate the Gen 1 details...

In an email from Sportsmans today. Since this is not April 1, I'm guessing it's for real.

"Own a piece of history"
  • Collectors Edition Overbox
  • Original Style Peel Lid Box
  • Gen 1 GLOCK Styling
  • Certificate of Authenticity Included
  • 17+1 or 10+1 Round Capacity
$619.99

View attachment 1357996
Is that the early Glock 7? The German porcelain one that doesn't show up in airport XRay machines? I hear theyre pretty expensive.

yep - you are correct 1234, I shouldn't have stated NOS, what I was trying to say was bring out old tooling, but maybe that isn't correct either, they could have just made new tooling to replicate the Gen 1 details...
Yeah... "gen 1 glonk styling" would seem to indicate new mfg. New or old tooling could go either way but hardly matters. (See post #2)

Other than the hardest core fan boys... I can't see anyone having any interest. Glonks are a dime a dozen bare bones tools.

Really no difference than Stanley releasing a copy of a first gen 1857 phillips screwdriver. Can't help but ask... "why??"🤣

Am I the only person who actually likes Glocks on this forum?

Wouldn't mind owning one of these. I don't have a 17 yet anyway. I also wouldn't mind a Glock 38. I might just push a small child off a tall building if it meant I could get a 46.

Am I the only person who actually likes Glocks on this forum?

Wouldn't mind owning one of these. I don't have a 17 yet anyway. I also wouldn't mind a Glock 38. I might just push a small child off a tall building if it meant I could get a 46.
Not at all! I like em just fine, typical EDC and own a whole bundle in various sizes... including multiples of some. I often recommend them. However, they really are just plain ol "work guns". They ain't purdy, I don't gucci them, the grips leave a bit to be desired, the triggers aren't exactly "precision", and there is absolutely no sentimenal attachment of any kind. They are simply... very good and reliable "tools" that I don't mind if they get beat up, bashed, or confiscated during the course of an investigation after a shoot.

Just go buy another straight outta the box and you're good to go. Collectors items, IMHO, they are not.

I do value them highly for what they are, but "they are what they are".