JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
toon_59.jpg

When my cousin got his press I told him to put his finger between the ram and the die. I then proceeded to slowly raise the ram using only the weight of the lever. I had not fully released the handle before he was grabbing for it to release the pressure.

He quickly learned the phrase compound linkage. @nwxj97

Are you one of these people we sometimes read about who likes to get your head stuck between closing elevator doors so you can see how much it really hurts?

tac

On the firing line start talking about your super special "Dryer Loads".:oops:
Charge the cases with so much powder you have to set them on the dryer
to settle down the powder enough to seat the bullet.:eek::eek::eek: After that everybody
gives you a lot of space on the firing line.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

On the firing line start talking about your super special "Dryer Loads".:oops:
Charge the cases with so much powder you have to set them on the dryer
to settle down the powder enough to seat the bullet.:eek::eek::eek: After that everybody
gives you a lot of space on the firing line.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip - might help me actually get more than 56gr of FFg into my 45-70 Govt cases....

Mind you, I would also have to buy a dryer.

tac

Is that screw through the finger real or phony? If real ... WOW! Lucky the end didn't rot and fall off!. I did lose my right thumbnail, (left handed) once long ago framing a small cabin. Sixteen penny green sinkers driven by a heavy framing hammer.

Was not watching what I was doing and ... pound ... pound ... pound ... SQUISH!. Direct hit on my right thumb. We all understand stuff like your screw and my fingernail does happen. I though I was going to lose the thumb. Nope. Just the squished fingernail.

Had to heat a stretched paper clip and push it through the fingernail. Blood squirted quite a distance. Boy, did it feel much better then, but it still hurt. I said a few words. Even Goldie my Yellow Lab was upset. Thank goodness there was a snow bank handy. :)

And a fifth of Jack Daniels.

My cousin, who shall be nameless as I don't want to shame him, was sat in the open access to the garage attic, stapling some laths together with a 1" electric staple gun when he misfired, and put one straight through the back of the hand holding them together. He instantly reared back and rendered himself unconscious by hitting his head on the hatch surround...at that point losing interest in the proceedings. He next opened his eyes in the back of the ambulance taking him to the local ER, from whence, after a scan, he was moved into the emergency ward with -

1. Lacerations of the left hand.

2. Severe concussion.

3. Broken collarbone.

4. Dislocated hip and kneecap and

5. Numerous blunt force trauma to the face - 3 to 5 had taken place as his limp body fell backwards off the ladder and dropped about ten feet towards the floor, landing on a workbench. Luckily - he noted some time later - his fall had been arrested somewhat by a handily-positioned 10" DeWalt radial saw that broke his fall [and his nose and cheekbone], else he might have had a harder landing on a tool box, and been really hurt.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads