JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm waiting on a PS90 doing time at my favorite gun shop and have some questions I'm hoping PS90 owners can help with

1. Why is it coming with a 30 round mag instead of 50? The only states that limit mag cap that I'm aware of restrict to 10 or 15 rounds

2. Is there a tool to help loading those magazines?

3. Do your PS90s shoot 1 brand/weight of ammo better than others?

4. What optics are you running on your PS90?

5 Do you think it would be worthwhile to make it into SBR? Do I lose too much velocity or accuracy or hitting power?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

eta more specificity to Q 5

Last Edited:
A quick look around the web indicates that it's pretty easy to change the 30 round mag in to a 50 round, but as to this question:

5 Do you think it would be worthwhile to make it into SBR?

My answer is "Would it make you happy?" If so, than Heck yes! it would be worth it!!! If you don't need a mission specific tool you shouldn't listen to the tools that tell you it won't fit 'the mission', that being whatever they decide it is.

I too always wondered about the 30-round thing; the states with screwed up magazine laws are way less than 30. So why bother?

As to SBRing, why not? Much closer to the original and only costs a tax stamp and a little leg work. :D

A quick look around the web indicates that it's pretty easy to change the 30 round mag in to a 50 round, but as to this question:

My answer is "Would it make you happy?" If so, than Heck yes! it would be worth it!!! If you don't need a mission specific tool you shouldn't listen to the tools that tell you it won't fit 'the mission', that being whatever they decide it is.
I guess I should have posed that question better , like Do I lose too much velocity or accuracy or hitting power? OK I'll edit Q 5

I'm waiting on a PS90 doing time at my favorite gun shop and have some questions I'm hoping PS90 owners can help with

1. Why is it coming with a 30 round mag instead of 50? The only states that limit mag cap that I'm aware of restrict to 10 or 15 rounds

1. No idea why they come with 30 now.

2. Not that I know of, not needed tho.

3. FN over AE.

4. Holosun shake awakes. Forget the model #/versions. Pre-solar circle dots.

5. Yes. However have never gotten around to doing so. Seems the short barrels are tough to source at times, when I've looked anyways. Work fine as is tho, not "operating" or anything, so might simply leave them as is. Still light & compact enough for use as PDW's if needs be.

If you plan on using a suppressor, then SBR'ing really makes sense. Otherwise the balance would likely be all wonky.

Sometimes distributors only have the 10 round versions in stock so the dealer just gets that anyways vs waiting on the higher capacity gun. If the customer wants the gun bad enough or the dealer thinks it will sell well in their shop, the mag doesn't always matter. Get the gun knowing it's the restricted state version, or wait for the supply to get better.

I'd SBR it. In a heartbeat.

30rd is easily converted with a hacksaw to 50.
Check out the mounts from Design Machine, he makes them for the most popular red dots. I run an MRO on mine.
SBR is worth it and easy to do mostly by yourself with TROS or Tornado. You actually want a P90 and that's as close as you'll get :).

30rd is easily converted with a hacksaw to 50.
Check out the mounts from Design Machine, he makes them for the most popular red dots. I run an MRO on mine.
SBR is worth it and easy to do mostly by yourself with TROS or Tornado. You actually want a P90 and that's as close as you'll get :).
I'd SBR it. In a heartbeat.
This raises the question. Does Tornado just hang on to my gun until I get my tax stamp?
Do I get the specs (OAL etc.), then apply for the stamp before sending it off for the work?
ALSO
I spotted a short barrel for the PS90 online $300, IIRC. Is a barrel swap something that requires special tools or is it just a twist and shout job that any knothead can do at home??

This raises the question. Does Tornado just hang on to my gun until I get my tax stamp?
Do I get the specs (OAL etc.), then apply for the stamp before sending it off for the work?
ALSO
I spotted a short barrel for the PS90 online $300, IIRC. Is a barrel swap something that requires special tools or is it just a twist and shout job that any knothead can do at home??
Apparently I'm Alexa tonight ;)

:s0092:
Not that I know. Once you get used to it, it isn't hard.
Ammo types are limited. Two types do not work well in the PS90; Speer Gold Dot, Federal AE FMJ.

The Federal has a tendency for the projectile to be loose in the casing for some reason - maybe one in every 50-100 is problematic. The Gold Dot is made specifically for the Five Seven.

Meprolight M21 & the original ring sight.

5 Do you think it would be worthwhile to make it into SBR? Do I lose too much velocity or accuracy or hitting power?
For me, the main advantage is the ability to run a suppressor. I want an integral suppressor or a reflex - I want the suppressor body to be affixed to the barrel permanently, but be able to remove/clean the inside, such that I don't have to get an SBR stamp. I don't think you lose very much velocity from what I have read as the ammo is made for the 10" barrel.

eta more specificity to Q 5
1. IIRC It comes with 30 so that they can say they ship with "standard" capacity to match ARs and other rifles, but the piece to turn it from a 30 to 50 can be had from Amazon for 5 bucks and takes 2 minutes if you're a moron like me.

2. I haven't seen a tool, it's more about learning the technique, I push the rounds in in a kind of sideways and down way and it works with no effort until round 50.

3. Mine eats everything I've thrown in it, to be fair that's only 3 ammo types. (FN hollow points, FN blue tip and federal)

4. I'm running an MC-10-80 from Kingsview Optical

5. I haven't SBR'd mine yet, but the P90 and it's ammos were created to run out of a 10.5 inch barrel, so the loss in velocity just makes it where it was first designed to be, (with the exception being that we don't get the fun switch) they're also A LOT of fun SBR'd

1. IIRC It comes with 30 so that they can say they ship with "standard" capacity to match ARs and other rifles, but the piece to turn it from a 30 to 50 can be had from Amazon for 5 bucks and takes 2 minutes if you're a moron like me.
You can remove the block in the mag and run it as a 50 without buying anything.

3. Mine eats everything I've thrown in it, to be fair that's only 3 ammo types. (FN hollow points, FN blue tip and federal)
The Federal AE has a habit of the projectile getting bent in the case mouth - I think it is due to a loose fit with no crimp?

4MawJUt.jpg

I've seen this a number of times. Since it is practice FMJ ammo, I am not concerned about it, makes for good malfunction drills.

You can remove the block in the mag and run it as a 50 without buying anything.

The Federal AE has a habit of the projectile getting bent in the case mouth - I think it is due to a loose fit with no crimp?

View attachment 1099585

I've seen this a number of times. Since it is practice FMJ ammo, I am not concerned about it, makes for good malfunction drills.
I'm just saying what I do. I figured having the piece for 5 bucks wasn't much of a waste.

It's interesting yours has issues with AE, mine never has, but then again I've only ran around 300 rounds of AE.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top