JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the local Post Office today to check the mail since I had put it off for more than a week. After briefly going through the pile, I was on my way out when I noticed an elderly man with two arm crutches (not the type usually used when a person breaks a leg or twists an ankle. These attach to the forearm) making his way toward the door. The guy had enough trouble just walking so to help him out I held the door open for him.

As he approached the doorway he made a funny remark that I chuckled at about him taking too long to get from here to there. Just as he was about to enter the doorway, a lady jogged up and cut him off as if I was going to close the door on her. Her doing that almost made the old man fall, and he would have if I hadn't been there to brace him.

The whole thing happened so quickly I really didn't have time to react other than to catch him. As I drove away I was so pissed. Still am as I type this.

What is up with some people nowadays?

Aaaand THAT'S why you're called 'safetyman', right? Right?!?

Your experience is the reason I have to limit my 'city-time' to hours now, instead of days. Country folk'd get their chin checked for doing something like that...boobs or no boobs.

We lease a private dock on a lake near our home. Dock is surrounded by water (obviously) and a locked 6' high cedar fence.

The wife arrives tonite with the kids for a little R&R. She unlocks and steps in and there is a woman and her two teenage kids! The woman proceeds to tell her that she used to rent this dock a long time ago. The gate was locked but she just went around because they new where the fence was weak! They also decided to use some of my kids float toys!!! THEN she has the brass ones to ask if they could come back later because her daughter wants to have her birthday party there! My wife was trying to be tactful and not lace into the woman in front of her kid, but geeze um!!!

Entitlement.
True but there are other elements involved and I am going to outline one and let the flame begin because I see it daily. You stated a 'lady' jogged up. Well I could be waaay off here but my experience (over the last X amount of years) has shown me there is a large contingent of women who have bypassed basic 'equality' and have transcended on to Overt Superior Attitudes over anyone. It is a trend no one wants to talk about but it is out there full - tilt. I have talked to some of the most horribly rude, men - hating women ever. I am going to stop here but trust me I see it on a daily basis.

Went to the local Post Office today to check the mail since I had put it off for more than a week. After briefly going through the pile, I was on my way out when I noticed an elderly man with two arm crutches (not the type usually used when a person breaks a leg or twists an ankle. These attach to the forearm) making his way toward the door. The guy had enough trouble just walking so to help him out I held the door open for him.

As he approached the doorway he made a funny remark that I chuckled at about him taking too long to get from here to there. Just as he was about to enter the doorway, a lady jogged up and cut him off as if I was going to close the door on her. Her doing that almost made the old man fall, and he would have if I hadn't been there to brace him.

The whole thing happened so quickly I really didn't have time to react other than to catch him. As I drove away I was so pissed. Still am as I type this.

What is up with some people nowadays?

I would have yelled at her. I'm not sure which word I would use but I'm pretty sure that it starts with one of the first letters of the alphabet. Hate self centered idiots like that.

True but there are other elements involved and I am going to outline one and let the flame begin because I see it daily. You stated a 'lady' jogged up. Well I could be waaay off here but my experience (over the last X amount of years) has shown me there is a large contingent of women who have bypassed basic 'equality' and have transcended on to Overt Superior Attitudes over anyone. It is a trend no one wants to talk about but it is out there full - tilt. I have talked to some of the most horribly rude, men - hating women ever. I am going to stop here but trust me I see it on a daily basis.

You must work in Bend.

"Jogged up" It's them joggers I think! I mow lawns for a living. This year I've had many times that the damned joggers will go flying past me super close with out slowing down in the SLIGHTEST!!!!!! I'll be edging and when I get to the end of an edge I'll turn a round, blade spinning out there in front, and a jogger will be RIGHT THERE, ready to get his shins cut up! I watch all the time for people walking the walks so I can yield to them, but them damned joggers can be up behind you in two or three seconds. It's like it will kill them to slow a bit, in case the person in front of them (WHO CAN'T SEE THEM COMING) moves to one side or the other. I won't even go into trying to trim a hedge that fronts a sidewalk!

Joggers....Getting every bit as bad as the cyclers!

Mike

You didn't say anything to her?

I've stopped clowns form doing that before, it's amazing what holding your hand out and using a commanding voice does for a lot of followers. Then you publicly shame them for being retards. Sheesh.

I live in Mass right now and have a "nasty" (I've been told it's nasty) of holding doors open for women, and if they don't say thank you, call out "You're welcome" as loudly as I feel to remind them about polite society. :D

Honestly I think you should be applauded for not freaking out on the woman. Personally my reaction would have been so poor that it probably would've made the elderly gentlemen's day much worse. Some people are always going to be bubblegum heads and there's not a thing you can do about it. I've seen people ( us country folk) hit real hard for a lot less and use it to gain favor to there side and make the other person ( the one in my opinion was right ( and sometimes was my self)) to look like the bad guy in the whole situation. And you can't put a reason to it. Nobody can say they don't know better. I grew up with drug dealers and thieves that where total d-bags and I still have manners. Some people just won't change and will always be.

"Letting"-because its really up to you. Listen man us saying we let others that we have brief encounters with in our life is a statement or in this case a implied meaning made out of arrogance and self entitlement. What gives you the right to let and not let any one do anything? Its her free will to be a bubblegum( not saying it was the right move) just like it is yours to be the big boy, keep your mouth shut in a situation(like this one) where you wouldn't have resolved a damn thing, and continued to exercise your use of good manners.

Sorry, letting someone who does that off without a correction isn't being a big boy, it's being an enabler, and contributing to the problems all around us. I don't let it go, because to me, it would be a chump move. You either stand up for what you think is right, or you wear out the knees on your jeans.

ETA - and I'm not implying anything about safetyman, a lot of those situations happen so fast it leaves a normal person just reeling, thinking, wtf just happened here?

I've kneeled to no one and I got plenty of scars to show it bud. Standing up for what you believe in, most defiantly, being and arrogant prick and trying to be the whole worlds authoritarian and father figure- not resolving jack bubblegum. Making it worse actually. Because through some one like you, who exercises manners, and then becomes a chauvinistic prick when someone doesn't reciprocate for whatever reason makes them wish to be less like you and wish to have less interaction with people period, making them more stand-offish and less likely to be forthcoming with there manners. To fix the problem be part of the solution and not someone in the gray who perpetuates the problem. Get over your self buddy. You darn sure aint the worlds pa. And if me doing as I say is a chump move bubba at least I'm not so arrogant as to assume my actions(which are very similar to why i would be having the reaction) is better because they are mine. ME MAN. MY ANGER JUST. Sounds like one hell of a solution you got there to me. Bud.

Ok, listen cap'n know it all. I spell this out really easy.

Calling someone on their bubblegum is easy, should be done more often, and can be done cleverly to make it through their thick skulls. If you want to be an enabler, and be part of the problem? Good on ya, go for it, enjoy. If you think calling a woman on poor manners is somehow unfair, then you need to stop projecting, because that would be the definition of chauvinism, because the implication is that only men can be corrected. Far from the idea of equality my good mikey.

Unfortunately, your rant only scored a 3 of 10. If you want to be an enabler, go for it, don't get your onesie twisted because others won't let entitled clowns off so easily. :) You can either be part of the problem, or part of the solution. Allowing entitlement to continue in any manner is simply part of the problem. Done and done. This isn't a debate.

I've kneeled to no one and I got plenty of scars to show it bud. Standing up for what you believe in, most defiantly, being and arrogant prick and trying to be the whole worlds authoritarian and father figure- not resolving jack bubblegum. Making it worse actually. Because through some one like you, who exercises manners, and then becomes a chauvinistic prick when someone doesn't reciprocate for whatever reason makes them wish to be less like you and wish to have less interaction with people period, making them more stand-offish and less likely to be forthcoming with there manners. To fix the problem be part of the solution and not someone in the gray who perpetuates the problem. Get over your self buddy. You darn sure aint the worlds pa. And if me doing as I say is a chump move bubba at least I'm not so arrogant as to assume my actions(which are very similar to why i would be having the reaction) is better because they are mine. ME MAN. MY ANGER JUST. Sounds like one hell of a solution you got there to me. Bud.

The original post stated that she basically would have knocked the old man to the ground if it was not for him catching her. I cannot see how you could have a problem with someone giving her a verbal smack down for that

My only problem is with your self entitlement as well. Oh and what was it you said, something about self entitlement at all being part of the problem. Listen man all I'm saying is that you would all go to bubbleguming arms for some bubblegum like this. When a simple excuse me miss would do. Apparently you can solve an issue by recreating what started it. Im going to keep that in mind next time one of my pipes breaks during the winter. Im not gonna get new supply's to fix it. Just gonna get a bigger hammer and mindless pound away like the oaf I apparently am. Think construsctivly. The world is going to bubblegum because all of you with your gotta have a bigger dick complex. Its amazingly ridiculous. You cannot come up with a solution if you are recreating the same circumstances that caused the problem in the first place. Everyone wants something done but nobody wants to do it and they damn sure to want to change to see it done. Thats poetic justice. I'm just gonna leave it be. And bravo with the originality in your last report against me davemata. Its awesome how well you can read and reiterate. No it no longer is a debate. But saying that isint some awesome card that automatically says you've won. But I can tell when what I am saying is being drowned the the foolish echos of some one who can not bare to listen to the words that come from another because they automatically think that they are superior in all. Oh wait never mind. I just came to a realization. Your God arnt you? Man. I can cross that one off the bubbleguming bucket list. You know what? Im done. Sorry. This is why i try not to even look at this. Im to bull headed. Oh well. Sorry to waste your time and im sorry to affend everyone by having my own damm voice and going against the grain of what everyother post was. I know thats what was truely expected and i threw everyone of by not saying push over old people and not saying lynch some dumb self ritious bimboo. I do belive theres this little saying from this really old book i read part of and it said something about not judging the splinter in your brothers eye before you take the LOG out of your? I'm not sure. And yes i do own a onesie. Its a size large and says Gilchrist wrestling on it. But its not all twisted buddy. But, you may have something. Sleep deprivation has made me quick to anger at things I find to be foolish and one sided(That I find. Not saying I am right but I still have to right to my opinion even if it doesint fit in the same line as yours and as you all apparently would like it to). So long days and pleasant nights my friend. Hope the white blesses all of your endeavors and God be with you and your family. This is the last conversation we will have so goodbye.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top