JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The thing was, that if they had tried the door latch a second time, it would have opened - at least I am guessing that. This is how my BMW power doors work if you try them with the latch from the inside - first time unlocks the door, second opens it.

Obviously a car door needs to open if the power fails.

Did they open the glove compartment and read the owner's manual? Apparently not.

But instead of trying everything they could, they just believed what they were told and sat there oblivious. If this had happened away from civilization, they would have been found dead, simply because they were unable to use their brains.

Sometimes the process of natural selection takes a while and at times even suffers near misses like the one in the OP, but make no mistake people, the process of natural selection is always there, always watching, always ready to deliver a generous dose of its doin's. It'll be back for that NZ couple in the OP, it's inexorably inevitable. :s0012:

Since the article mentioned that the couple couldn't see the door controls in the darkness, I'm guessing that they had never learned to manually turn on/off the interior lights! After all they had always worked before by "fob magic!"
To paraphrase Bugs Bunny; What a pair of maroons!:(

Benny, they are probably already politions in NZ!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads