JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The anti-gun, Bloomberg backed Mad Moms keep pointing back to the highly publicized shootings over the last 20 years and how background checks would have prevented them. Thanks to the internet and hindsight it is easy to see if that is the case.

The Big Nine

COLUMBINE HIGH SCHOOL 1995

guns were purchased via "straw purchase" which was illegal even then.
All guns complied with the 1994 AWB (Hi Point 995 carbine)

THURSTON HIGH SCHOOL 1998
Guns were a mixture of purchased stolen and family owned.
Kip Kinkel had a history of problems and being caught w/stolen firearms

VIRGINIA TECH 2007
Guns purchased legally from pawn shop and gun store. Background check passed.

FT.HOOD 2009
Gun legally purchased with background check.

CLACKAMAS TOWN CENTER 2012
Guns stolen

SANDY HOOK 2012
Guns legally purchased by mother. Background check passed. Stolen from mom after
her murder.

AURORA THEATER 2012
Guns legally purchased. Background check not instituted until 2013

FT. HOOD 2014
Guns legally purchased. Background check passed

REYNOLDS HIGH SCHOOL 2014
Guns purchased legally by adult. Background check passed. Taken without
parental authorization (stolen)

In each of these cases background checks failed to identify criminals and prevent these horrific actions. So what can be done to prevent repeats?

Let's put this in another context. To purchase alcohol one must be over 21 years of age and present ID as proof of age. People who are not legally able to purchase and use alcohol still, despite our best efforts, get their hands on it. How do unauthorized people get hold of alcohol? Answer: one of three ways.

1. THE STRAW PURCHASE (Class A misdemeanor)
Little Billy is only 16 but wants some beer. He cajoles an older friend, or the local homeless guy, to
purchase for him. Billy gives him the money to complete the transaction and takes possession of the beer in
another location.

2. THEFT. (Class C misdemeanor)
Little Billy is still only 16 but fleet of foot. He leisurely strolls into the local convenience store
and meanders to the cold case. After a quick survey of the place he picks a case of beer and hot foots it
out of there before the clerk (the only one on duty) can stop him.

3. ENABLING OF A MINOR (Criminal Violation)
Good Ol' Jack next door gives Little Billy a beer saying "Drink up kid, it'll be good for you."

Each one of these acts are in violation of existing law and yet Little Billy still keeps getting swacked.

The moral of the story: There are already laws enough. Criminals are going to do what they damn well please and barring arresting them for thought-crime there is nothing you can do to stop them.

Last Edited:
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE ? We can't stop the bad guys from doing bad things, and when we do catch them doing bad things , we let them go, so as not to hurt their feelings...... So as liberal progressives we try to ban scary things, like guns an such. (this allows our constituents to believe that we are actually doing something about violent crime):s0066:.....Ginny Burdick..............:s0140:

Good information @Qaolin. Your list is very similar to one I've sent to legislators in the past few weeks, citing the same shootings and the same information. I think that as many people in Salem as possible need to be made aware of this information. Voters should be aware of it too - if they and the politicians can get past their prejudice toward gun ownership in the first place.

I think rational and reasonable people know that SB 941 is not the answer. It's a 'feel good' measure that is likely just a gateway bill for even more restrictive gun laws to come. If they get this victory, it will only embolden them to such ends.

I've warned my representative today that a "Yes" vote by him will result in my working to prevent his re-election, and, should one form, to actively work for his recall.

The liberal left has a lock on the I5 corridor from Portland to Eugene. Don't see this changing in the near future. The liberal left has no love for God and Country yet they continue to get re-elected. Good luck weeding them out.

The liberal left has a lock on the I5 corridor from Portland to Eugene. Don't see this changing in the near future. The liberal left has no love for God and Country yet they continue to get re-elected. Good luck weeding them out.
I'm one of the vocal few that points out some of the bonehead progressive Ideas that have ruined Eugene and Springfield. For example, mollycoddling transients thus increasing their presence, and all of the Bond measures and Tax increases that they propose under threat of releasing inmates out in the streets or cutting back School days.
Now a fuel tax for Green Energy and a Carbon Tax in Eugene! Oh yeah, Gun Restrictions Galore coming at us left and right!
The Democrats, Liberals etc. have some O.K. points on some issues but have really exploited and exaggerated the Social Justice, Global warming stuff.
The Democrat/Progressive monopoly in Oregon is sort of like Cable TV. You can't cherry pick your channels. You want History channel but you have to get Lifetime along with it!
You want a Law for Transgender bathrooms in Elementary School, you get more gun control along with it!

I forgot my point:eek: I'm one of the vocal few that points out some of the bonehead progressive Ideas that have ruined Eugene and Springfield. Oregon as well!

Often while I'm jabbering on about gun control or Transients etc. I get a person looking over his/her shoulder and then Quietly agreeing with me or asking me if what I'm saying is true, "did they really pass that Law?", "Taxes are going up again? They're spending our Taxes on what!"

Not all the time but often enough. Then I usually ask them if they Vote and get mixed responses. The numbers are out there, we just have to wake them up and get them focused and informed.

Get vocal and you'd be surprised how many don't like what's going on.

That was my point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads