JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it looked better than before. Just use your gun and it wll wear to a beautiful used look.

BTW- brake cleaner will take that sissy paint right off, though I like painted guns.

Sorry man, but...

theunseen.jpg

Looks like he didn't seal it when he painted it with spray can paint. I have painted two of my rifles with krylon and this nice sealer that I found and have had no problem...But eventually I will paint my other rifles with Cerakote...Big price difference in the two...

wow thats awful I would use paint thinner and take the rest off. I too paint guns at home for fun so nothing scares me, but paint thinner WILL NOT HURT that original coating, but will wiped that other crap right off. I would paint the upper slide a solid color for 45 bucks if ya wanted.

You can soak it in brake fluid and it will remove the paint. Scrub it with a tooth brush to remove the paint from cracks and pockets then wash off with water. I used this method when stripping and repainting plastic and metal models.

Looks better now than it did - but that's not saying a lot. The poop-green color just doesn't look good with the black. If you like the "highlighted" gun look - I'd opt for a more complimentary color - silver, gray, red...anything other than poop green!

And what's the deal with painting just the slide? If you're gonna camo a gun - why not go whole hog and do the frame too? I've done that to *one* of my pistols, to make it match a rifle I had at the time. I found that when I wanted to remove the paint - non-chlorine brake cleaner + a soak on automatic transmission fluid did the trick. ATF is a great gun cleaner - you just need to have something to remove the ATF when you're done.

We used to use aresol brake cleaner to strip the bow-flauge that we painted our rifles with in the Army. It worked great.

I would recommend getting a Dura-coat finishing kit though to anyone who wants to paint their firearms - works WAY better than krylon and cost under $30 for the do-it-yourself kits.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top