JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, Freddy old boy, hehe my facts come from the distributors themselves, and there was a whole show interviewing top management and the CEO on PBS.( still employed)
And well I know several local companies that lost contract with Walmart when the senior passed.
If it was not for hearing the word out of his sons mouth saying they use foreign distributors to not only save money but keep prices low I too would not have believed it. One I remember specifically that chaffed me was some local beef Jerky suppliers were removed and now we have bulk stuffs.
Perhaps I am a tad harsh on Walmart and yes I stand corrected the fruits and veggys are purchased locally.

So Fred, my information came from interviews I saw on PBS, now I am not a huge PBS fan, but the CEO said what he said.

By the end of September, 2004, the top seven trading partners to the Chinese
mainland are the European Union, the United States, Japan, Hong Kong, ASEAN
(Association of Southeast Asian Nations), South Korea and China's Taiwan
Province, state statistics from the Ministry of Commerce.
Last year, the firm bought US$15 billion products from China, half from
direct purchasing, the other from the firm's suppliers in China.
More than 5,000 Chinese enterprises have established steady supply alliances
with Wal-Mart.
Good quality and low price are the major attractions of the retailing giant.
Insiders point out Wal-Mart's imports from China have largely influenced the
U.S. trade deficit in China, which is expected to reach US$150 billion this
year.
Commerce have impacted the firm's procurement of textile commodities and
household appliances in China, saying again that China is an important
sourcing base for the firm.

So far, more than 70% of the commodities sold in Wal-Mart are made in China.

So Fred, there are some sources but TV and other to look up.
And you are correct I do not post stuff unless I am sure and if not I say I am not lol.
No hard feelings pal and happy to give any sources if some one asks but they make longer posts like this one LOL.

Now............. due to the huge amounts of Chinese bought products there is a move to regain some lost American products according to their website
earlier this year. They are slowing employees wages increases and switching hours to PT to try and accommodate American products.
I know one of the managers here and 6 months ago they began cutting back hours on morning and late night employees splitting shifts on the FT
to end up with two partimers.

Geees Fred to early to make my brain work LOL

SW

So they not only sell product from China but they are responsible for the U.S. trade deficit in China, which is expected to reach US$150 billion this
year. Wow what a horrible company.
I don't believe anything from PBS or snopes either but you can and from the sound of it do .
So don't let anyone find you in there buying ammo cuz it's cheaper than anywhere else but we all know you shop there this is where you make everyone think your somehow different by bashing Wal~Mart.
I won't bash them when I comes to charity show me any other retailer that does more period. But that by it's self deserves a good bashing for being charitable .
what it boils down to really is it's all Wal~Marts fault I have nothing more to say it's the blame game gotta blame someone blame the biggest guy in the world ps Wal~Mart is world wide I'm going out on a limb here I like wal mart a lot.

Do you know someone personally that works their or is this what you heard and read somewhere

I am encouraged that Walmart is seeking to build up USA product ergo at the expense of their employees it seems.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top