JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is a C&R still valid if you move to another state? I've looked around a bit but couldn't find an explicit answer. I would assume so as long as you update the ATF accordingly but again have not been able to verify.
it's easy, when I moved here it took about 2 weeks to get a new license. make a call, tell them what happened "I moved", and bam it's done. I think I faxed the form to them, can't remember

As a private party (without a C&R), can I ship a C&R rifle to a C&R holder in another state?

I dont know for sure on that one.

This is what the ATF says about shipping to a FFL out of state:

7. May I lawfully ship a firearm directly to an out-of-State licensee, or must I have a licensee in
my State ship it to him? May the licensee return the firearm to me, even if the shipment is across
State lines?
Any person may ship firearms directly to a licensee in any State, with no requirement for another
licensee to ship the firearm. However, handguns are not mailable through the United States Postal
Service and must be shipped via common or contract carrier.(18 U.S.C. §§ 1715). Firearms shipped
to FFLs for repair or any other lawful purpose may be returned to the person from whom received
without transferring the firearm through an FFL in the recipient's State of residence. FFLs may also
return a replacement firearm of the same kind and type to the person from whom received. 18 U.S.C.
§ 922(a)(2)(A).

But I could not find anything about a C&R FFL.

If I was going to do that I'd either have an FFL ship it to them to them just to be sure or call the ATF first.

The intent of a C&R FFL is to be able to ship qualifying firearms interstate between licensees.
If you do not have an FFL, you may send but not receive firearms directly. An appropriate FFL holder must receive the C&R for you.

Question: Does every seller of C&R items requires the buyer to send a copy of a photo ID (like a driver's license) in addition to a copy of your C&R license?

Just curious before making my first C&R purchase.

Some 01 FFL's are leery of shipping to C&R licensees as the C&R license can't be verified with the ATF like an 01 can. The ID helps them to feel comfortable that they're sending the firearm to the actual licensee I guess.

Some 01 FFL's are leery of shipping to C&R licensees as the C&R license can't be verified with the ATF like an 01 can. The ID helps them to feel comfortable that they're sending the firearm to the actual licensee I guess.
Copy that Modeler. I was browsing a web site of a well known dealer in AZ and their website says to send them photo Id in addition to C&R license. I guess is their own business practice.

Thanks,

I assume you are talking about J&G sales in Prescott. They are a great dealer. When I lived in phoenix, I loved taking a drive up just to see what all they had in stock. They do lots of C&R business as well as police trade ins. Great little shop.

I assume you are talking about J&G sales in Prescott. They are a great dealer. When I lived in phoenix, I loved taking a drive up just to see what all they had in stock. They do lots of C&R business as well as police trade ins. Great little shop.
Yeap J&G sales. I've purchased from them before but using a 01 FFL Dealer transfer.
Now that I put my application for my own C&R license Is very likely I'll purchase from them.

The intent of a C&R FFL is to be able to ship qualifying firearms interstate between licensees.
If you do not have an FFL, you may send but not receive firearms directly. An appropriate FFL holder must receive the C&R for you.

I just sold a C&R rifle (P-14 Enfield) to a Pennsylvania resident, and am awaiting payment to arrive. The buyer is a C&R holder, but I'm not.

Anyone have any hassles from UPS or Fedex regarding them sending C&R firearms? A few years ago, I tried to mail a C&R firearm to a C&R holder, and the woman at the UPS center in Tualatin incorrectly told me that they only consider C&R to be firearms manufactured prior to 1900, or blackpowder guns. I tried to convince her otherwise, but got nowhere.

I want to get the rifle to the buyer in a timely manner, with minimal expense and hassle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top