JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You need to reread. That is exactly what oeople are proposing but whatever. Go for it.

See that is strange, as I have reread this entire thread to be certain I was not missing anything, as I have been know to put my own foot in my mouth on occasion, however not one suggestion to do other than what is legal.

I would never personally suggest the breaking of laws, especially on a public forum.

you can do whatever you feel like, however I don't feel it would be wise to continue quoting others and insinuating they have suggested or support the breaking of federal laws (that you are yourself incorrect on) as that is a dishonest practice.

The NFA is stupid, as are almost all gun laws.

But breaking the law is generally stupid too, especially federal felony laws, and most especially the NFA - which the ATF/et. al. just loves to enforce and send people to prison for breaking said stupid laws.

Seems like a lot of hate for solvent traps but I can't fathom why. If it wasn't for the fine folks making these parts I can guarantee I wouldn't own a silencer, because I didn't want to deal with the expense and wait all up front.

By building my own I not only saved a little money and a lot of time, I now have a much better fundamental understanding of how suppressors work, what makes a good host, and how to tune both to get optimum performance.

I wholeheartedly recommend anyone who is remotely interested in suppressors at least read about how they work and how to build one, even if you don't build your own. But I bet you will.

Seems like a lot of hate for solvent traps but I can't fathom why. If it wasn't for the fine folks making these parts I can guarantee I wouldn't own a silencer, because I didn't want to deal with the expense and wait all up front.

By building my own I not only saved a little money and a lot of time, I now have a much better fundamental understanding of how suppressors work, what makes a good host, and how to tune both to get optimum performance.

I wholeheartedly recommend anyone who is remotely interested in suppressors at least read about how they work and how to build one, even if you don't build your own. But I bet you will.

I love them, I'll be going through Quiet bore personally as they seem to have a quality titanium 22 kit

I love them, I'll be going through Quiet bore personally as they seem to have a quality titanium 22 kit
Meh... You can do better . They're not very good. OK on a rifle ( a potato would would work OK on a rifle ) but pretty lousy on a pistol.

Quiet bore was recently paid a visit by the ATF. They had to agree to only sell their kits to people with approved form 1's in hand. FWIW the XRT kits are far better in material and function than the QB kits . Depending on how handy you and if you know someone with a lathe there are even better options out there.

This one has a $50 stainless Chinese "muzzle brake" now monocore turned down to fit in a 1" tube. I have a similar gun same barrel length and tube diameter with QB baffles. Shot side by side the Chinacore is markedly quieter .

LzL7ue.jpg

Last Edited:
I'd like to take this karma moment to go on record stating that I dont give two sh!ts if anyone builds an unapproved silencer .

Back when I lived and worked on a medical pot farm, some time ago, I found out that lots of the folks down there had unregistered cans, SBRs, full auto ARs and more. Some of the nicest and 'free-est' folks I've ever met.

Back when I lived and worked on a medical pot farm, some time ago, I found out that lots of the folks down there had unregistered cans, SBRs, full auto ARs and more. Some of the nicest and 'free-est' folks I've ever met.
I remember being out in the woods shooting with a friend and his RPK once on the banks of the Cowlitz early 90's. Must of dumped 3000 rounds thorough that thing all go fast like. Red Hot barrel. Someone apparently called the cops back in the early days of cell phones. We were packing things up and saw the County Mounties coming for us on the other side of the river. Must have been 10 cop cars bubblegums a flashin' sirens a sirenin'. Problem was the bridge was 10 miles down the dirt road and they were on the other side. Fired up the trucks and beat feet out into Gods country.

Meh... You can do better . They're not very good. OK on a rifle ( a potato would would work OK on a rifle ) but pretty lousy on a pistol.

Quiet bore was recently paid a visit by the ATF. They had to agree to only sell their kits to people with approved form 1's in hand. FWIW the XRT kits are far better in material and function than the QB kits . Depending on how handy you and if you know someone with a lathe there are even better options out there.

This one has a $50 stainless Chinese "muzzle brake" now monocore turned down to fit in a 1" tube. I have a similar gun same barrel length and tube diameter with QB baffles. Shot side by side the Chinacore is markedly quieter .

View attachment 769666

I don't own a lathe but have various drill presses, I'll take a gander at the XRT kits thanks for letting me know!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top