JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember the 'first' one as being able to thread on an oil filter. Tho I wouldn't suggest storing them in the same box.

Yeah, that was my point; the actual NAPA filter has a cellulose core like almost all fuel filters. Of course, these "filters" that go by the same model designation are only similar in external appearance. I suppose someone looked thru a list of auto parts until they found something that looked similar to a suppressor and then ran with it.

Yeah, that was my point; the actual NAPA filter has a cellulose core like almost all fuel filters. Of course, these "filters" that go by the same model designation are only similar in external appearance. I suppose someone looked thru a list of auto parts until they found something that looked similar to a suppressor and then ran with it.
Theoretically of course, wouldn't the cellulose core catch fire?

Three arrested for completing solvent traps and selling them across state lines. Honestly the solvent traps are only part of the story but it alludes to feds tracking their purchases and payments.

If you want a silencer pay the tax and don't risk arrest.

Three arrested for completing solvent traps and selling them across state lines. Honestly the solvent traps are only part of the story but it alludes to feds tracking their purchases and payments.

If you want a silencer pay the tax and don't risk arrest.

It's no longer a solvent trap at that point, it is a silencer. So it is a bit disingenuous to continue to label them as solvent traps.

This thread is about the legality surrounding using a solvent trap as a base for a form one, no one is suggesting otherwise. They are nothing more than a bunch of metal parts unless you start machining them.

the men in the story manufactured and sold regulated items. which is of no relevance to the legality of the item originally in question.

It's no longer a solvent trap at that point, it is a silencer. So it is a bit disingenuous to continue to label them as solvent traps.

This thread is about the legality surrounding using a solvent trap as a base for a form one, no one is suggesting otherwise. They are nothing more than a bunch of metal parts unless you start machining them.

the men in the story manufactured and sold regulated items. which is of no relevance to the legality of the item originally in question.
Well it is because they built a regulated item. That is one of the things they did but without the stamp that is illegal.

Just like you can build a rifle but not an SBR or fully automatic.

you're in Oregon and you can get the stamp. Just sayn it doesn't pay to risk your gun rights

Well it is because they built a regulated item. That is one of the things they did but without the stamp that is illegal.

Just like you can build a rifle but not an SBR or fully automatic.

you're in Oregon and you can get the stamp. Just sayn it doesn't pay to risk your gun rights

I'm not sure why you quoted my post and didn't read the information that was already in it?

I have already addressed the fact they were illegally building a regulated item.

I have already addressed the fact that this entire discussion has been about the use of solvent traps as a base for a form 1 build. (BTW yes it is legal to do so).

you can absolutely build an SBR after you file and get an approved form 1. So it seems you lack a bit of information regarding NFA items.

I'm actually in Washington, however I can still legally build a silencer/SBR/SBS after the receipt of an approved form 1.

NOBODY IS SUGGESTING BUILDING AN UNAPPROVED SILENCER, not certain why you seem to think I/or others are suggesting otherwise.

I'm thinking seriously about building one of these, they look like an inexpensive way to acquire something that I'm not sure I will use very often. I want to do it legally of course and have been looking at how to fill out Form 1 online. Is our CLEO in Clark Co Wa Sheriff Atkins?

That sounds pretty impressive !
Was it a cheapy $30-$40 dollar tube kit or something fancier ?

That's a fancier one, about $350 not including the booster, but it works very well. On my carbine the actual gunshot is completely silent, only the bolt makes noise.

And my approval only took 15 days instead of months.

I havent had a form 1 take more than a month in the last 15 years . I think I have around 20 or more Form 1 silencers . I pretty much have one per host by this point if I include my form 4 cans. Solvent traps if a funny term. No one uses them to trap solvent. There are some pretty innovative "80%" silencer designs out there masquerading as solvent traps..Sometimes I register a silencer then have to buy gun parts to build a gun to fire bullets through it. Thats how I ended up with a 338 Spectre last week.

344th7.jpg

I havent had a form 1 take more than a month in the last 15 years . I think I have around 20 or more Form 1 silencers . I pretty much have one per host by this point if I include my form 4 cans. Solvent traps if a funny term. No one uses them to trap solvent. There are some pretty innovative "80%" silencer designs out there masquerading as solvent traps..Sometimes I register a silencer then have to buy gun parts to build a gun to fire bullets through it. Thats how I ended up with a 338 Spectre last week.

View attachment 769507

That's an awesome looking MKIV there!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews