JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I did it. I ordered one of these things online BECAUSE it was advertised as a fuel filter. I got it today. It's not what I thought it would be, It's clearly designed for an "additional" purpose and I have no need that purpose. I was hoping to find something that I could use as a fuel filter for my side by side. Fuel that is old or separated or contaminated with water is not something that I want to mess with in the desert. I figured that I could use some of the parts (especially the external cylinder) to create a suitable filer for my machine. The CFMOTO comes with a standard fuel filter that doesn't look like it would hold up to the rigors of desert/trail riding. More on this as I try to design something that will do what I want it to do.

You really have to be careful with some of those on-line fuel filters since most are made for smaller displacement machines that operate with a lower fuel pressure and exhaust pulse. Good luck with your design.

I think you are looking for Big A$$ Two-stroke Filter Equipment (BATFE). You might want to check with them before making any modifications that would invalidate usage.

I did it. I ordered one of these things online BECAUSE it was advertised as a fuel filter. I got it today. It's not what I thought it would be, It's clearly designed for an "additional" purpose and I have no need that purpose. I was hoping to find something that I could use as a fuel filter for my side by side. Fuel that is old or separated or contaminated with water is not something that I want to mess with in the desert. I figured that I could use some of the parts (especially the external cylinder) to create a suitable filer for my machine. The CFMOTO comes with a standard fuel filter that doesn't look like it would hold up to the rigors of desert/trail riding. More on this as I try to design something that will do what I want it to do.
Would guess Amazon still has some that are more along the line of a "filter". First time I have ever heard of these I was looking for a 1/2 x28 tap to make a protector. These filters started showing up and at first I could not figure out why. They did have some kind of replaceable filter media that went in them. Now how well they work as an actual filter? No idea but they "looked" like they were designed to actually filter something.

Would guess Amazon still has some that are more along the line of a "filter". First time I have ever heard of these I was looking for a 1/2 x28 tap to make a protector. These filters started showing up and at first I could not figure out why. They did have some kind of replaceable filter media that went in them. Now how well they work as an actual filter? No idea but they "looked" like they were designed to actually filter something.
About $16.00 on DH Gate, a shopping portal into China. I figured for $16.00 I could take a chance on it.

Here's a couple of my "plinker pistols with the solvent trap mounted. It's not for me!

DSC01872.JPG DSC01873.JPG

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top