JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I noticed someone selling "solvent trap adapters" at the Albany gun show. Their table was packed when I walked by.

Funny how they aren't selling a product that screws on the oil filter and just clamps onto the barrel or uses a stretchable piece of rubber, which would then allow non-threaded firearms to use the "solvent trap".

I was very surprised that the show would let those guys in.

As long as they are sold for a purpose that is legal and used that way why not? Lots are sold on Ebay.

Just about anything you could buy on a store shelf could be used for an illegal or dangerous purpose anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-28-x-3-...907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a84caabb3

Use it in an illegal fashion and get caught and you a royally screwed. Only an idiot would want to take that chance anyway.

Damn. I missed the Albany gun show?
didn't miss much,i went Saturday,, there just wasn't alot to offer at this show I.M.H.O. I saw the oil filter adapter table, and it was kinda weird, I involuntarily gave it a wide berth because of the subliminal red light warning in my head( illegal activity device).. but like BURT sez" just about anything you could buy on a store shelf"

I talked with that guy for a while, he had them in all the muzzle thread sizes and in clamp-on styles for 10/22 barrels (standard and bull-barrel). The outer threads were made to fit either oil filters or plastic bottles. I didn't buy any, but if I did it would certainly be in cash with no receipt...

^ +1 and in a EOTWAWKI / Planet of the Apes scenario I don't really see the purpose of people running around with oil filters as suppressors anyway LOL - tinnitus being the least of one's worries.

When I thought you could register the threaded piece and then change the oil filter at will I really wanted one - just as a fun toy at the range, but it doesn't work that way. ATF ruins the fun by mating SN to the actual filter. Blah!
Not worth it.

Like I've said before, over time any fun is eventually deemed illegal. In a few years bouncing a tennis ball off a wall will be illegal.

If you accidentally shoot a few rounds through your solvent trap on your private property, I doubt anyone would know. I mean, know about it to make fun of you. Because you had an accident. A really quiet accident.

I'll buy one and not be scared to tell the world.
Burt,the idea of a suppressor during a EOTWAWKI situe is not ringing the dinner bell.
Someone hears the shots,they think dinner. (zombie or not)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top