Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

soldThreaded Ruger Mark II 22/45 with 1911 grips

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by spider, Sep 28, 2010.

1. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

SoldI love this Ruger, I used it for training when I didn't want to spend the money shooting my 1911, it has the exact same grip angle/mag release as a 1911, its threaded in a common pitch, I think 1/2 by 28. Installed a hi-viz front site, with interchangeable fiber optic inserts.(front iron sight on the photo comes with pistol as well) 4.6" long heavy barrel. Also installed rubber 1911 grips. Pistol was redone in matte black, light trigger and two-10 rnd mags. Comes with box and papers. Over $600 invested, I'm asking $395obo.
    IMAG0107.jpg
    Trades considered, just no pump shotguns please, I'm up to my neck in them.

2. bcrtops

bcrtops NW Oregon New Member

Threaded?
    Doesn't look like threaded for suppresor.
    Some kind of custom threaded barrel to receiver?
    What are we talking about?

3. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

you can see in front of the front site the line where it is threaded.. hoorah for a good smith..

here is mine by fritz

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

4. spider

The tip is threaded with a thread protector, do you see how far back the front sight is? And that tiny line right before it? It's a very nice job done by mike as tornado technologies. You can screw on flash hiders and such like this
    IMAG0108.jpg
    Do you get it now bcrtops?

5. donovan

donovan Eugene, OR Member

who makes the frame? and is it safe to assume that your barrel is made by tactical solutions?

6. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

It looks like ruger made the frame and the barrel, then TT threaded the barrel.

7. spider

Correct, this is a normal ruger 22/45 with ruger made polymer frame and original ruger heavy bull barrel that's been shorten, de-cut, by meaning the outside barrel was shaved to eliminate the stupid"warning see manual before operating firearm" that's on every Dang ruger 22 ever made...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.