JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
If it says "Springfield Armory" and is not a custom shop gun, it is made in Brazil. Period. This has been true of them for basically forever. They are finished here in the US. Nice gun, and free bump. I just traded one here recently, and it was a very nice pistol.

If it says "Springfield Armory" and is not a custom shop gun, it is made in Brazil. Period. This has been true of them for basically forever. They are finished here in the US. Nice gun, and free bump. I just traded one here recently, and it was a very nice pistol.

That is true, everything I have seen has been made in Brazil except stuff out of their custom shope. I have a range officer listed and it is made in the Us.

Here is a good sum up from another site, I have verified with further research:

"As mentioned, ALL Springer forgings are done in Brazil by IMBEL with some of the higher end models having all fit and finishing work done here. The neat thing is that some of the Mil-Spec pistols are done the same way. Raw forgings come here and then they are finished in Geneseo. Those pistols do not carry the IMBEL or Made in Brazil stamps. They are easy to pick out from the other Mil-Specs. The parkerizing has an almost two-tone look between frame and slide, the barrel and bushing are stainless, some have a better front sight, and the serial number has a NM prefix. They are not exactly rare, but they are a little harder to find. The price is the same as the Mil-Specs with Made in Brazil stamped on them. You just have to do some looking around."

So we are all correct...and incorrect :)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.