JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am selling my 98% Remington 700 Mountain Laminated Stainless Steel in .30-06. This rifle is a true beauty with terrific attention to detail and exceptional wood.

It is light, well-made, and dead accurate. The trigger breaks like a glass rod at 3 lbs and the checkering is sharp.

Retail on this rifle is $1052. Selling for $699 firm!

aRem 700 Mtn LSS 003.jpg

bRem 700 Mtn LSS 013.jpg

cRem 700 Mtn LSS 015.jpg

dRem 700 Mtn LSS 019.jpg

That is a 3-9x40 Leupold VX-II that does not come with the rifle for $699. I will include that scope for an additional cost, which is up for discussion. HOWEVER, I WILL INCLUDE the Leupold bases, rings, and a 3-9x40 Bushnell Banner at no extra cost.

For more info on the Rem 700 Mountain Rifle, here is an except from Chuck Hawks' review:

One of the neatest Model 700's is the Mountain Rifle LSS. The Mountain Rifle LSS is a deluxe model that features a stainless steel barreled action with a slim profile 22" barrel and a slender, modern classic style, laminated hardwood stock. It is what Remington refers to as a "Specialty" rifle. Remington literature says that the Model 700 Mountain Rifle is designed for wilderness or high country pack-in hunts that involve rigorous hiking.

In the Remington world, "LSS" signifies a rifle with laminated wood stock and stainless steel metal parts. The internal magazine has a hinged floorplate with a trigger guard mounted release. The stock is stained a medium walnut brown color. The barreled action is made from satin finished 416 stainless steel. It is a good looking rifle that stops just this side of being gaudy--a line that other stainless/laminated rifles often, unfortunately, cross to their detriment. The stock has a tough synthetic finish to protect it from the elements. It also has a black forearm tip, a black pistol grip cap, a solid rubber butt pad and studs for detachable sling swivels. It is checkered in a generous and deeply laser cut point pattern that wraps completely around the forearm. Calibers offered in 2008 are .270 Winchester, .280 Remington, 7mm-08 and .30-06.

Remington Model 700 rifles have always had an excellent reputation for accuracy and that has been my experience with them. To this day the deluxe models remain among the best shooting and nicest looking production rifles on the market.

Last Edited:
Alright, time to sweeten this deal and get this beauty sold. The photos show a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 in Leupold rings and bases. This is a $300+ setup selling for $200.

Package for the rifle and mounted scope is $899. Rifle alone: $699 Ask nice and I'll throw in some premium ammo.

I have shown my wife your thread at least 20 times, begging her permission... This is the exact rifle I am wanting to get at a screaming price but she's making me save up for it and I'm not quite there yet!

The selfish side of me hopes this doesn't sell so I can keep saving up for ;) but the other side wishes you luck and hopes that somebody is able to benefit from the sale.

I have shown my wife your thread at least 20 times, begging her permission... This is the exact rifle I am wanting to get at a screaming price but she's making me save up for it and I'm not quite there yet!

The selfish side of me hopes this doesn't sell so I can keep saving up for ;) but the other side wishes you luck and hopes that somebody is able to benefit from the sale.

That's funny. I've looked at this ad at least 20 times myself. I don't even bother showing my wife, because I already know the answer.:( If I had the extra $$$ this would have been mine two months ago! I can't believe this is still on here.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.