JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
*SPF* Hey All,

Last one (for right now anyway). A milsurp Turk 1938 Mauser in 8x57. It's had about 10 rounds down the tube since purchase (many years ago). Comes with two or three boxes of ammo on stripper clips. I'm not a professional grader but I'd put it at between 85% and 90%. Its in good shape. $200 obo

Thanks

Added picture of rear sight. Also, all numbers appear to match to me. Receiver, bolt, etc are all the same. Bore is dirty and could use a good clean out. Metal butt plate.

Last Edited:
That's not a Turk 38, but an 88/38, rebuilt from Commission 88 rifles to the standard Turk configuration. These are considered antiques, since the receivers were all produced before 1899. They do not require the original type 5 round clips, but can be loaded singly or with stripper clips.

Good price for a relatively rare rifle, especially since they usually wound up 'sporterized' long before now.

Too bad you didn't post this earlier this weekend. I'm back up here in WA, but I would have driven down from Portland to get it.

Forgive my ignorance guys, my Uncle gave this to me a few years ago (he bought it, I’m guessing, several decades ago though I don’t really know) along with the boxes of stripper clipped ammo. I appreciate the information but I have no idea what it’s worth and, thinking it was 1938, found general value info through google. I probably wouldn’t even be selling this but, well, now in same situation a lot of folks are. :(

Thanks for letting me know what it is though, most appreciated.

Good price for a relatively rare rifle, especially since they usually wound up 'sporterized' long before now.

Too bad you didn't post this earlier this weekend. I'm back up here in WA, but I would have driven down from Portland to get it.

Being an antique, it can be mailed directly to you without dealer intervention. If I had the bucks, it would join the Turked Commission 88 and 88/40 I already have.

Being an antique, it can be mailed directly to you without dealer intervention. If I had the bucks, it would join the Turked Commission 88 and 88/40 I already have.

Correct. I have an 03 FFL, so shipping wouldn't have been a problem anyway. Before purchasing, I would really need to inspect the rifle, although judging from the pictures it appears to be in unusually fine condition. I couldn't ship it to my house in OR without my wife finding out (I've dumped way too much money on rifles and accessories in the last few months---at least according to her :s0114: ), and I'd prefer not to have it shipped to my RV in WA and have it sit outside all day while I'm at work. Not good.

So, if its still available when I return home in a few weeks, I'd love to see it, but I expect it will sell before then.

Keith

Thanks.

This is my first step into the world of 7.9mm . I've talked my self out of Mausers and even a Yugo M76 because I didn't want to open up a whole new can of caliber worms.

I just couldn't help it this time :) .

Keith

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.