Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR SOLD

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by Flattulator, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Flattulator

Flattulator Rural Eugene New Member

Sold. Thank you everyone for the expertise. It's a shame all the knowledge went away with the ad.......

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Is this a Browning or a copy?

3. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

Made in argentina its the copy but they shoot real nice.

4. rpatton

rpatton Graham WA Member

These were built in Argentina with Browning equpment under Browning license, copy and clone are not technically correct but I'm mentally drawing a blank on the proper description. "Variant" comes to mind but not certain of that word either. Maybe someone who has had a little more coffee can fill in the blanks.

Nightshade likes this.
  5. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I just read up on this; this model is an M90 made in Argentina after the Military Licensed version expired. The way you can tell the difference is the M90 doesn't have the traditional Hi power front slide taper its more like a 1911. The M90 is a commercial copy and made for export, it has nothing to do with Browning.

6. Barachiah

Barachiah Eastern Oregon at last Active Member

I also believe the Argentinian ones were produced under the name "FM" which stood for Fabrique Militaria. While they are a great copy, and definitely worth owning, they are not a Browning. I would need to see the slide to tell the difference. Either way, you really can't go wrong with a Hi Power.

7. Flattulator

Flattulator Rural Eugene New Member

Post updated for purists. Any part you'd ever interchange is the same. Are you interested in buying it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.