JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Sir, what an amazing firearm. As a current LEO and a person who until recently carried a Kimber Custom 1911 on the job, I could not even imagine owning such a fine example of craftsmanship. I would have thought this would be a family heirloom to be passed down for generations. I only wish I had the kind of money to purchase it myself. I wish you the best of luck with your sale sir. Thank you for your service and for the knowledge I know passed on to generations of sheepdogs. God bless you Sir.

Jon: Thank you very much for the kind words. They are much appreciated. As I have gone back to work as an Investigator for the SO here, we remain Brothers in Arms. I would keep this 45 because it is such an amazing weapon, not to mention more effective for our chosen profession, but I can't afford to keep two and as you know, keeping our skills sharp requires constant practice. For me that mandates a 9mm at this point in my life. Watch your backtrail & be safe!
Semper Fi
Scott

I'm retired Army Scott, Hope you don't hold that against me. Just wondering where you hail from. My dad is from Rogue River, Mom was born in K-Falls and grew up in Grants Pass. A lot of my still lives in the Rogue Valley. I would really like to chat with some if time and God allows.. Jon.

Jon:
The area your family is from is beautiful. I grew up on the streets in Cleveland, and after the USMC got me on the right path I went back to the City and ended up a Patrol Sergeant with the PD there. After I managed to get a degree I worked as an Undercover Narc based out of Miami, working mostly in the Caribbean and South America. After seven years there an innocent mistake by a local Deputy blew my cover. I then went to work overseas as a private contractor/instructor/investigator until I retired from that four years ago. During those years my home base was Montana. Spending so much time out of the country was very difficult for my (very patient, uncomplaining, and understanding) wife. The combination of cold and overworked joints brought us to the clean, green, mostly crime free Southern Oregon coast.
And Jon...thank you for your service to our Country!
Semper Fi

You Sir are a true sheep dog. I was born in Coos Bay and grew in Tillamook. Moved to Salem for college and work. Started in a prison and then went to the streets. Worked with kid which was a true passion. Then worked as an elder abuse, sexual assault and child abuse detective. Made back me old before my time, but I was proud of what I had done. Been at it 23 + years but had to r come off streets a few years back when my wife of 27 years started her battle with a life threatening condition. I am now a Sergeant in our County Jail. My wife is much improved and we are looking forward to my retirement in about 3 1/2 years. 28 years and age 50 aint to bad when it's all said and done.

Thank you as well for standing in the gap and leading in a manner that brought and brings honor to the profession that chose us. What an amazing career you have Sir. I am hoping our paths will cross in the near future. I would love to pick your brain and gain so wisdom I can pass along to my troops before I call it a day.

God bless you Sir, have a great evening, I hope to chat with you again. Jon

After the message you see above mrsir699 pm'd me October 12 and I agreed to meet him the following Sat, October 26 at the Outback Steak house in Eugene at 10:00am. He stated that he would have his Oregon DL, Concealed Handgun License and cash. I pm'd him back requesting his last name and vehicle description, but by Friday October 25 I still had heard nothing back. I called him (Joshua, 530-689-6011) at 7:30am (Fri) but when I again asked for his last name and vehicle description he stated that he could not talk as he was at work, but confirmed that 10:00 am at the Outback Sat (Oct 26) would be good, and he would call me back at 3:30 pm. He did not call so I started calling him at 6:30 pm that evening, but he did not answer his phone so I left messages advising that I would be leaving Coquille at 6:00am in order to deliver his gun. Because I had told him that I would, I drove the 4 hours to Eugene, and waited two hours, attempting to reach him a number of times at his cell phone number, leaving messages. Not only didn't he show up, he did not have the courtesy to even call me. Ten hours, a days work, and sixty dollars worth of fuel down the tube.

As you see above mrsir699 pm'd me October 12 and I agreed to meet him the following Sat, October 26 at the Outback Steak house in Eugene at 10:00am. He stated that he would have his Oregon DL, Concealed Handgun License and cash. I pm'd him back requesting his last name and vehicle description, but by Friday October 25 still had heard nothing back. I called him (Joshua, 530-689-6011) at 7:30am (Fri) but when I again asked for his last name and vehicle description he stated that he could not talk as he was at work, but confirmed that 10:00 am at the Outback Sat (Oct 26) would be good, and he would call me back at 3:30 pm. He did not call so I started calling him at 6:30 pm that evening, but he did not answer his phone so I left messages advising that I would be leaving Coquille at 6:00am in order to make our meeting. Because I had told him that I would, I drove the 4 hours to Eugene, and waited two hours, attempting to reach him a number of times at his cell phone number, leaving messages. Not only didn't he show up, he did not have the courtesy to even let me know. Ten hours, a days work, and sixty dollars worth of fuel down the tube.

When a man's word becomes worthless I wonder what that man thinks he has left ...

I couldn't agree more. I spent a lot (to me) of money that I really didn't have today, but I have never intentionally failed to keep my word to anyone, and can look in the mirror without shame. To me that's priceless.

Ok everyone, thank you all for the pm's...$2751.00 is my bottom line. No two year wait, FTF in Oregon to a legal buyer w/ no paperwork, and a ANIB T3 at $1000.00 off what I paid for it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.