JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Winchester Model 03 .22 Automatic. The wood on the rifle is a little rough but adds character. The fore grip has a piece cracked off on the left side and looks as if someone did their own engraving on it. The but stock is cracked but was fixed with a band (see pics). As the pics show, the but stock has been drilled into to create ammo storage. The serial number dates it at 1913. Please let me know if you have any questions. Asking $325 or best offer.

What cartridge does this shoot, .22LR or .22 Win Auto?

Interesting old gun, it has seen a lot of work. I wonder if the holes in the butt stock were for keeping a few extra rounds handy. Lots of history here if only guns could talk.

It would probably say " Dag Nabit Jed, you dropped my new Winchester rifle and ran over it with the buck board"

It has so much of what looks to be the original owners handy work from the repairs to the great free hand checkering, then the need for the Quick extra rounds kept near by and handy.
Finding out who the original was and what he did for a living would only add to the interest.
It looks like he didn't go far without this gun and with that I will bet it brought home many many meals. Given the caliber, it would not surprise me if he was a trapper back in the day.
Nice old gun.
Silver Hand

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.