Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

***SOLD***Vortex SPARC red dot - Brand new in box

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by coregrind, Jan 19, 2013.

1. coregrind

coregrind Beaverton, Oregon Member

***SOLD***

SPARC_zpsc2c5b387.jpg

Thanks.

2. BlackGunsRFun

BlackGunsRFun PDXish Member

What batteries do these use? And do these come with a mount? Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm an aimpoint guy. Thinking of getting a couple spare 'dots for some spare guns. Thanks!

BGRF

3. coregrind

coregrind Beaverton, Oregon Member

These use (1) CR2354 battery and Vortex ships (2) with the sight. In the SPARC I'm using now, it's on the second battery after two years. The first one still had some juice but it was causing weird on/off situations occasionally. I was going to call Vortex to inquire about the issue but figured I better do some simple things first. A fresh battery is all that was needed. The battery size is a little odd and I'm glad the Viper SPT I just received uses one that is more common. With that said, there's a retailer through Amazon that sells the CR2354 from a respected brand at $2.89 shipped. I decided to get two recently to have on hand as backup.

As far as the mount, yes it's included. I didn't included it in the picture since I didn't want to unpack everything and get my fingerprints on each item. In addition to the mount, there are a few riser options: .725", .875", 1.425", and 1.575". The 1.425" sets the dot at perfect co-witness with AR-15 iron sights. That's how I had mine set up on my rifle when it had iron sights. Now the SPARC is the only thing on there so I have it set as low as possible. It's great and I love it.

Vortex Optics - SPARC Red Dot

4. paragrunt

paragrunt WA Member

FWIW, there was a review on this exact red dot over on AR-15.com that blew my mind. A torture test was done on it, and "torture" is being kind. This thing held it's zero even after all the hell it went through. I guess not everything made in China is bad as this thing held it's ground. It's a lot of red dot for the small price tag. Just my .02.

5. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

Best micro red dot for the $$$. Run this on my at and its amazing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.