JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sold.

My stepdaughter decided not to hunt this year, so I thought I'd throw this out there in case someone needed a decent hunting rifle on the cheap. It is a Savage Model 111 in .270 Winchester (long action, not WSM). It is blued with a synthetic stock. The trigger is not an Accutrigger, but it feels pretty good (many people don't know this, but Savage triggers are fully adjustable by a competent gunsmith without any filing or polishing; this one feels better than most). It has weaver bases and rings, and I mounted a Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10x40 matte scope on it (these were all the rage a few years ago - best quality for budget scope). I dialed it in yesterday at 50 yards and it shoots well; I'll try to finish sighting it at 100 yards tomorrow if I have time after tinkering with my new rifle. The gun has been hunted quite a bit, and it looks like the bluing has been touched up in places, but it is in pretty decent shape overall. Comes with a sling and at least a box of Remington Core-lokt 150gr ammo plus a few higher end rounds (I'm not sure if they're black talons or sivertips; silver cases with black bullet). Ready to hunt for only $300.

I can't think of anything I need in trade, but not opposed to offers (possibly handgun, semi-auto shotgun, or a complete mid or rifle-length flat-top AR upper; or possible trade up for a .300wm, .338wm, or .270wsm in stainless). Pretty firm on price (any less and I'll just keep it in the safe as a backup / loaner).

Sorry, it's late, and I'm too tired for photos tonight. It's all black and looks like all the other Savage 110's ever made (111 means it originally came as a package with a cheap scope, but I didn't get the original scope with it).

Currently located in Milwaukie, but I drive to Salem and Corvallis regularly.

Edit:

Here are photos for those that asked. After looking at it closer, I can't tell if the blueing has been touched up or if it just has wear to the blueing on the barrel. There is not pitting that I can find; just differences in coloration. I included photos of the barrel so that you can see that the blueing isn't perfect (as described in original ad).

The bright lines on the last photo on the scope aren't scuffs; they're a reflection of the camera flash off the scope rings. There is one "unique" thing about this rifle that can be seen best in the last photo. It appears that the scope bases are from a short action model instead of a long action, so they don't cover any of the open area above the bolt. I think the previous owner did this purposely; he said he used this rifle on a trip to Africa, and I think he did this to reduce the chance of the rear base interfering with ejection (not that I've ever seen one cause interference, but guys get serious about details when hunting "dangerous game"). In order to still have the offset he needed to adjust eye relief, he used offset Weaver rings with one ring reversed from the other. The rifle came with the bases and rings, but I added the scope. I used rods to check alignment of the rings, and they were perfect (I was concerned because of one being reversed). It is a solid and functional setup; it is just different than I've seen before.

IMG-20141010-01188.jpg IMG-20141010-01189.jpg IMG-20141010-01190.jpg IMG-20141010-01191.jpg

Last Edited:
Would you trade for a custom built Fox Archery Breed hybrid recurve it's a 2 piece take down with cocobolo and zebra woods with elk ivory horn tips a boa thunderhorn quiver and arrows package is $ 1000 and new condition absolutely beautiful bow

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.