JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
If you are in the market for a NICE old Winchester .30-30 that looks brand new, here is the best for your money. This is a true Saddle Ring Carbine, manufactured in 1925. Unfortunately from the collector's point of view, it was re-blued in the '60's, but fortunately for you, the work done then is of a quality you simply will not see today.

The barrel is turning "plum", as a result of its composition of Nickel Steel (as stamped). Rear sight is a superb upgrade from standard, but still correct and "of the period": It is a KING buckhorn: and, as these pictures show, this is the DEFINITIVE BUCKHORN SIGHT. This sight alone would bring $150 in its current mint condition.

The action is tight as a drum, the wood looks nothing like 87 years old (and NOT refinished). Bore is as new.

Reason for selling: I have another (antique) SRC, and a 1958 vintage '94, just don't need a third, and a new compound bow set me back a bit on my stack of chips. This is the "real" 94 that you can shoot, hunt with, and allow anyone with a modern one to drool over. Looks like it came off the 1925 hardware store rack yesterday.

Yesterday at the Collector's show, the first dealer that looked at it offered me $450 (he only wanted the wood). An original SRC (not re-blued) in average to good condition would bring $1000-$1400, and a decent modern Pre-64 goes for about $650-$750. Along with the dealer offer, this is my reasoning for the asking price. Maybe (as with the Marlin 39 I offered here a short time ago) I am too low, but would like to see this gun go to someone who would enjoy and appreciate it, and so it is priced to sell at $550.

P8250339_zps2ecdda18.jpg P8250340_zpsfbdb3257.jpg P8250341_zps348b3093.jpg P8250342_zps537c818f.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.