JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$850
Manufacturer
Howa
Caliber
223 Remington
City
Eugene
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Rifle is sold.

Up for sale is my Howa Mini Action in 223. I got it about two years ago with the intention of doing local PRS style matches. Last year I convinced myself to get a Bighorn Origin and planned on selling the Howa to help fund it. The whole rifle has about 5-600 rounds through it.

The action is sitting in an Oryx chassis, and has a Crown Ridge 22" 1:9 twist MTU taper barrel on it. This barrel uses a Savage barrel nut. This barrel has around 300 rounds on it. Action also has a 20 MOA rail on top. What you'll get with this rifle is everything mentioned above, and: original stock, original 20" 1:8T heavy barrel, action wrench, Savage barrel nut wrench, three 10rd magazines, Mike Lucas bore guide, and Dewey 22C-36 cleaning rod.

The barrel device is a Liberty Precision Brake/suppressor mount. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this yet, but if you want it we can work something out.

The Bad:
- Various dings on the rifle. Some I can explain, some I can't. I tried to get pictures of all of them.
- Dings on bolt handle because I somehow stuck a round in the chamber and had to beat the bolt open with a rock.
- Dings on the barrel due to bipod not locking in and rifle tipped sideways on the bench.

- In order to get the action to fit in the chassis with the barrel nut, I customized the chassis with a dremel. I took a small amount of material off the inside of the chassis where the barrel nut would sit so it would clear. I had to do the same with the rail so it would clear the barrel nut. I tried to get pictures of these as well.

Other info:
- Two of the butt plate spacers are 3d printed.
- 6"x6" angle metal as a bag rider. Kind of hokey, but there weren't very many options at the time.

That's about all the info I can think of about this thing. I reached my picture limit for the post, but I can send more upon request. I'm located in Eugene but travel the Willamette valley fairly often. I even go down to Klamath Falls a bunch as well. We'll have to mutually agree on an FFL and then we can go from there.

Rifle is sold

PXL_20221023_183039186.jpg PXL_20221023_183956669.jpg PXL_20221023_183906845.jpg PXL_20221023_183104614.jpg PXL_20221023_183056827.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited: