JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
what are you going to gain by waiting " a couple of days"? are you going to feel better about the sale then? don't get it! just go to a FFL or a local Law enforcement office to do the background check. instead of you "waiting for a couple of days". the Background check is not out of the ordinary, better than trying to take it in you own hands, maybe thats what everyone is dissapointed in.

Or, how about this, Kenny: if you have been posting on this forum for more than one year and have a history of transactions with other members, and your posts aren't totally wacko, I will consider you pretty much vetted by the community. I'm pretty much reserving the right to myself to evaluate buyers on a case-by-case basis and, yes, if you have been on this forum for a long time and are obviously a gun guy, that is a pretty solid indicator to me that I'm not putting the community at risk by selling a weapon to you. I am not a huge gun guy, but I have done a number of gun transactions over the years, with many different sorts of people--white, black, affluent, poor, urban, country, hippie, redneck, etc.--and never had any issues with the people I was dealing with. I realize the probability of coming across someone who is not a gun person and wants to kill themselves is very small, and the same goes for people who are violent felons and shouldn't have guns, but the risk is still there. I also realize that I am helpless to change the outcome very much, but I do have some small role in the matter, and I will do what I consider my duty in the matter. If that bothers you, my answer is sorry but tough.

what are you going to gain by waiting " a couple of days"? are you going to feel better about the sale then? don't get it! just go to a FFL or a local Law enforcement office to do the background check. instead of you "waiting for a couple of days". the Background check is not out of the ordinary, better than trying to take it in you own hands, maybe thats what everyone is dissapointed in.

Because if you're set on putting a bullet through your head, or killing someone you're angry at, you'll probably calm down and come to your senses in a couple of days. Not necessarily, but probably. And I'm happy to do the background check in place of having to feel you out myself. There was no equivalent for that in California, so perhaps I am not familiar with how commonplace that is here. Also, I just figure that most people would find that even more intrusive. I would actually prefer to do the background check instead, makes my life easier. What does "a couple days" look like? Probably something like you PM me that you want to buy the gun on a Wednesday and I get back to you and say how about we meet on Saturday. Maybe you will do something to allay my fears that selling you a gun right away will place you or others in immediate danger--maybe you already own an arsenal of guns and are already armed and dangerous no matter what I do--bring one of your other pistols with you and probably that is enough for me to do the transaction same day, assuming that everything else seems to be as it should. Basically, I am flexible on the means, but you need to provide me reasonable assurance one way or another that the transfer is safe. Maybe I am offending people in stating this up front, rather than acting in the same manner but leaving it unsaid.

"Maybe you will do something to allay my fears that selling you a gun right away will place you or others in immediate danger--maybe you already own an arsenal of guns and are already armed and dangerous no matter what I do--bring one of your other pistols with you and show me it's not an airsoft gun, and that is enough for me to do the transaction same day. Basically, I am flexible on the means, but you need to provide me reasonable assurance one way or another that the transfer is safe"

your kidding, right? you want someone to "show you there concealed firearm"? that would make you feel better? i see your point of chosing a Good Buyer, but some of your stipulations are awkward. bill of sale is another good route and in your instance, a FFL is in order to insure your "reasonable assurance" of the buyer. to the matter out of your hands and less headache on your part.

"Maybe you will do something to allay my fears that selling you a gun right away will place you or others in immediate danger--maybe you already own an arsenal of guns and are already armed and dangerous no matter what I do--bring one of your other pistols with you and show me it's not an airsoft gun, and that is enough for me to do the transaction same day. Basically, I am flexible on the means, but you need to provide me reasonable assurance one way or another that the transfer is safe"

your kidding, right? you want someone to "show you there concealed firearm"? that would make you feel better? i see your point of chosing a Good Buyer, but some of your stipulations are awkward. bill of sale is another good route and in your instance, a FFL is in order to insure your "reasonable assurance" of the buyer. to the matter out of your hands and less headache on your part.

BVB, if you want to buy the gun, you're good-to-go today without all the BS because of your history on this site. You don't have to show me your weapon if you don't want to. But that's you, and it might be different with others, so I've set general guidelines and stated that I am flexible within the general principles that gave rise to them. If I need to be educated on how it works in Oregon, I am open to new information. That was helpful to know that the background checks are normal--I am happy to do it that way. Regarding a bill of sale, I am less concerned about my legal liability for selling a firearm to a felon than I am about safety. A bill of sale won't bring back a despondent person who kills him/herself during a crisis, or bring back the person who is murdered. I can't do much to stand in the way of things like that, but there are little sectors I can keep guard over. If you don't have a history as a gun owner and you suddenly need a gun right away, and you can't wait a couple/few days to get it, that is cause for suspicion at least, and you have some explaining to do. That is about where I've set my fence, and if you can't get over it and want to get over it you need to ask my permission at the front gate. I think that is fair.

I can't believe how out of control this thread has gone. Here is a great gun at a fair price with an owner that is simply stating his desire to be responsible according to his own conscience and not sell it to someone who is a bad guy and he is being given all kinds of #$%& for it. I know gun store owners who will not sell to someone who is technically legal to own a gun if they get a bad vibe from them. I would never knowingly sell a gun to a criminal either. A person is free to sell to who ever they want or just as free not to sell it for whatever reason, if you don't want to answer his simple questions to asure him that you do not have ill intent or think that is too much bother then move on and stop thread crapping. Good luck with your sale. Sorry that you have experienced all this trouble here on NWFA classifieds. I hope it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.

bring one of your other pistols with you and probably that is enough for me to do the transaction same day, assuming that everything else seems to be as it should.

That part is a TERRIBLE idea. Don't ask someone to show you their gun.

Just ask people to show you a DL and CHL and call it good. Things would be so much easier if people didn't constantly try to add other parts to the process. We are lucky enough to live in a state that still allows private transfers, enjoy it.

That part is a TERRIBLE idea. Don't ask someone to show you their gun.

Just ask people to show you a DL and CHL and call it good. Things would be so much easier if people didn't constantly try to add other parts to the process. We are lucky enough to live in a state that still allows private transfers, enjoy it.

You're taking it out of context. It was just an example of how someone w/out a CHL, or other gun history, or willingness to clear the sale through the police, or willingness to talk to me, could demonstrate that they are already in possession of a firearm, thus letting me know that I am not (at least further) endangering anyone by giving them a gun. Don't make it out like I am requiring this. The basic idea is that I'm flexible on the means of a conscientious sale.

HMMMMM. I don't know what to think....... The seller has 16 posts since (s)he has registered on this forum and by my count all are on this thread.

Something's not right here.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.