JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD!!!

FOR SALE: Gen 3 Glock 26 with factory night sights (DOM: March 2009), 1 15-rd G19 mag, 2 10-rd G26 mags. Accessories included: 1 +2 mag extension, 1 GAP base plate, OEM Glock belt holster and mag holder, Glock case with all the stuff that came with it (bore brush, manual, etc.). Night sights are still bright (green). Everything stock including trigger. Finish is good, except usual slight silvering of corners on rear night sight and slide stop (neither of which have Tenifer finish of rest of slide) from holster wear. Feed ramp is clean, no scratches or marring. Cleaned and lubed after every use with Breakfree CLP. I've taken it out to shoot about four times a year since I bought it Sept 2009, typically 100-200 rounds per session--so maybe 1600-2000 rounds through it. I am the second owner. First owner bought it new for wife and she didn't like it, sold it to me after one brief session at range, still w/ factory copper grease. Never had any failures to feed, fire, eject, etc. It's a Glock.

Price is $425 cash for everything. I'm sorry but I am not interested in trades. For person-to-person transfers, to minimize the chances that buyer is a danger to self or others, let's wait a few days between commitment to sale and pickup; and also please have (in addition to ODL) a concealed handgun license or else be prepared to submit to either (1) a formal background check or (2) informal questioning by me--sorry. Pickup in Ashland only, unless you live nearby and have special circumstances. Please PM me if interested, or post general questions on the thread. Thank you.

ADDED 10/27: I may make exceptions to the requirements stated above, but only in individual cases. I need to be reasonably assured, one way or another, that the transfer is safe. See thread below for further discussion.

g26-l2.jpg g26-l.jpg
g26-r2.JPG g26-r.JPG
g26-feed ramp.JPG

g26-feed ramp.JPG

g26-l.jpg

g26-l2.jpg

g26-r2.JPG

g26-r.JPG

I live close and want a 26 but refuse to do a waiting period in a state where we have fought hard to keep that sort of control out and refuse to do business with a person that doesn't recognize that struggle.......typical Ashland

I don't care what the buyer's political beliefs are. For the purposes of this sale, I only care whether you are a danger to yourself or others. If you have a CHL/CCW, that assures me that a sheriff has checked you out and decided that you are good to go. Not that I would make the determination just as the sheriff would (i.e., if I could)--I have known felons, pot smokers, and other disqualified persons who I think should be allowed to own guns and carry them as freely as others; and as many "good, law-abiding" citizens who pick fights when they are drunk and probably shouldn't have a CHL--but I don't really feel that it is my business to form a second barrier after someone has already gone through that whole long process with reasonably constituted authorities. At the very least, a CHL holder has demonstrated a continuing interest in owning/carrying a gun, and is not likely to be a raging or suicidal person acting on a momentary stimulus.

However, if the buyer is not a CHL holder, I know nothing about them other than that they have what looks like an Oregon ID. Effectively, by existing Oregon law, ANYONE can buy a gun without any wait or check as long as it's a private transfer. In this way, people can bypass the mandatory waiting period and background check. Sorry, but I believe in more gun control than that (i.e. no control whatsoever), and I'm not going to act against my beliefs because some obnoxious kid rants at me. The requirement for a CHL is common in these want ads, so I know I'm not the only one who believes in responsible transfers. Unlike some others, I'm willing to sell to a non-CHL holder but, if that is the case, I would need to talk with the buyer a little and make a judgement call. If you don't want to have that conversation with me, or if you do and I sense that you are not being straight with me, I'm not doing business with you and my decision is none of your business.

The waiting period is not required by law or custom for private party transfers, but it is for new guns and I think it's a good law, and so (because the decision is left to me by Oregon law) I am doing what I think is right, whether or not others approve. I hope it catches on and responsible gun owners will do enough to look after the interests of the community before the community decides it needs to step in and look after itself (i.e. with stricter laws). I'm not talking about ten days, but just a few days, playing it by ear, depending on the buyer's schedule and my schedule. If you're so impatient to get your hands on a gun that you need to ask exactly how many days, etc., you're already making me nervous about a sale. I know it's a PITA, and I am sorry for that. I am sorry to place myself in a position where I have to judge others, when I am not perfect or above it all myself. I do not think it's likely that I will come across an individual that I would refuse to sell to. But I'm selling a tool designed to take a person's life, which I don't think everyone should have immediate access to, and I'd rather be safe than sorry. I have talked the matter over with others who are close to me, and they agree on the discretionary sale and waiting period. If someone won't put up with it in the end, I suspect they are probably more interested in making political statements than buying my gun, and I can live with that.

After further consideration, I will do a sale to an active CHL-holder without a waiting period, schedule permitting. However, if you do NOT have an active CHL, let's still wait a few days. As an alternative to me asking you (as a non-CHL holder) questions that you might be uncomfortable with, we can do a background check with the local (Ashland) police as a provided service under Oregon law. I know this sounds complicated to people used to not dealing with any hassles in this matter, but I feel like I am going out of my way to allow a responsible sale to a person w/out a CHL.

I don't care what the buyer's political beliefs are. For the purposes of this sale, I only care whether you are a danger to yourself or others. If you have a CHL/CCW, that assures me that a sheriff has checked you out and decided that you are good to go. Not that I would make the determination just as the sheriff would (i.e., if I could)--I have known felons, pot smokers, and other disqualified persons who I think should be allowed to own guns and carry them as freely as others--but I don't really feel that it is my business to form a second barrier after someone has already gone through that whole long process with reasonably constituted authorities. At the very least, a CHL holder has demonstrated a continuing interest in owning/carrying a gun, and is not likely to be a raging or suicidal person acting on a momentary stimulus. However, if the buyer is not a CHL holder, I know nothing about them other than that they have what looks like an Oregon ID. Effectively, by existing Oregon law, ANYONE can buy a gun without any wait or check as long as it's a private transfer. In this way, people can bypass the mandatory waiting period and background check. Sorry, but I believe in more gun control than that (i.e. no control whatsoever), and I'm not going to act against my beliefs because some obnoxious kid rants at me. The requirement for a CHL is common in these want ads, so I know I'm not the only one who believes in responsible transfers. Unlike some others, I'm willing to sell to a non-CHL holder but, if that is the case, I would need to talk with the buyer a little and make a judgement call. If you don't want to have that conversation with me, or if you do and I sense that you are not being straight with me, I'm not doing business with you and my decision is none of your business. The waiting period is not required by law or custom for private party transfers, but it is for new guns and I think it's a good law, and so (because the decision is left to me by Oregon law) I am doing what I think is right, whether or not others approve. I hope it catches on and responsible gun owners will do enough to look after the interests of the community before the community decides it needs to step in and look after itself (i.e. with stricter laws). I'm not talking about ten days, but just a few days, playing it by ear, depending on the buyer's schedule and my schedule. If you're so impatient to get your hands on a gun that you need to ask exactly how many days, etc., you're already making me nervous about a sale. I know it's a PITA, and I am sorry for that. I am sorry to place myself in a position where I have to judge others, when I am not perfect or above it all myself. But I'm selling a tool designed to take a person's life, which I don't think everyone should have immediate access to, and I'd rather be safe than sorry. I have talked the matter over with others who are close to me, and they agree on the discretionary sale and waiting period. If someone won't put up with it in the end, I suspect they are probably more interested in making political statements than buying my gun, and I can live with that.

There is no "mandatory waiting period" in Oregon....for private or commercial sales...Unless you call the 11 minutes I waited for my background check to clear this afternoon my "waiting period". Where are you getting your information from? Who told you or where can you cite this "waiting period" as law?

I can't believe I wasted my time reading all that. At this rate, you will probably never sell that pistol. No one wants to have to go through all that bs just for a Glock 26.

That explains it, it appears he's from California...

Oh yeah, you're right--no waiting period in Oregon. I am so used to it from CA that I thought it was everywhere. So sue me for being from California and not being an expert on gun laws in Oregon. I still think the waiting period for non-CHL holders is reasonable, though, whether or not it is law in in Oregon, so I'm stickin to it. I don't know what you're complaining about, when I am offering the same no hassle deal as others to CHL-holders. I am being less restrictive than plenty of others on this site, and only a PITA to those who might otherwise be turned away altogether. If you're going to turn this thread into a rant about California and liberals, and you're not here to actually buy a Glock 26, you really are wasting your time. I could so care less. Why would you want to have to go through "all that BS [less than many other gun owners have to go through in other states] just for a Glock 26?" Because it's $425. If someone really wants it, they'll buy it.

All that "bs" is having to deal with a seller like you. You're on a locally based firearm forum, we consider ourselves a community and we try to help each other out. You're doing the opposite. None of us here are homicidal, suicidal, or whatever you think us responsible gun owners are. I'm not saying to sell it to some crack head or gang banger, but with a private party sale comes the automatic character judgement that you preform on the face to face transaction. If a perspective buyer doesn't sit right with you, don't sell him the pistol. It doesn't take a government organization to tell you if the guy is squared away or not. Or another option would be to move back to California and quit polluting our free state with your nonsense.

And the funny thing is, I'm in the market for a Glock 26. But I would rather pay more to buy from someone else where it would most likely be a pleasent exchange. (And I think most others here would do the same). Would probably end up bs'ing with the guy for a few minutes and both parties walk away happy. I have done a lot of private party transactions and have yet to have a negative experience.

All that "bs" is having to deal with a seller like you. You're on a locally based firearm forum, we consider ourselves a community and we try to help each other out. You're doing the opposite. None of us here are homicidal, suicidal, or whatever you think us responsible gun owners are. I'm not saying to sell it to some crack head or gang banger, but with a private party sale comes the automatic character judgement that you preform on the face to face transaction. If a perspective buyer doesn't sit right with you, don't sell him the pistol. It doesn't take a government organization to tell you if the guy is squared away or not. Or another option would be to move back to California and quit polluting our free state with your nonsense.

I suspect that if a typical Ashland libtard from Kommiefornia like me can infiltrate your like-minded community, people who are homicidal or suicidal probably can too.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.