JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$750
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
5.56x45mm NATO
City
Salem
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Featherweight AR15 build. Got enamored with the "What Would Stoner Do?" AR15 project, and it got me thinking about a lightweight build. Wanted the perfect rifle to throw on my shoulder while running around the woods and climbing mountains, but it turns out that I just don't get the time to do my Mowglie impression like I did in my teens and twenties.

This rifle is built on a GWACS Cav-15 MKII, which I think is the only polymer lower that I've ever really trusted. Faxxon stress relieved 5.56 pencil barrel, with a Faxxon low-profile gas block. A2 flash hider (had intended to replace it with something neat, but never got around to it)
Magpul MBUS sights

Carbon fiber full length handguard. Mid-length gas system. Great shooter, had my fun smacking steel with it. Easy to shoot, even easier to carry. 5 pounds, 8 ounces

$750
Buyer responsible for transfer cost

20200809_112302.jpg 20200809_112326.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
A featherweight build with no mention of the weight? How heavy is it?
I have been thinking of building one, but buying one might be better...

I really enjoyed Ian and Carl's series on this build, I wish I had a use for this thing because it is a cool rifle!

I thought it was a brilliant concept, it's a fun little rifle. Wish I spent as much time running around the woods and mountains as I did in my teens and twenties, there'd be no way I'd get rid of it

A featherweight build with no mention of the weight? How heavy is it?
I have been thinking of building one, but buying one might be better...

If I had a scale that would actually work for it, I'd have included it
I tried the bathroom scale with and without, sadly the thing isn't consistent enough to actually tell me anything. It's noticeably lighter than my 10.5" AR

Weigh yourself on your bathroom scale, with and without the gun. Do it a few times and average the difference.

EXAMPLE: You weigh 160, with the rifle you weigh 166. Rifle weighs 6 lbs. Next time you weigh 162 and with rifle 167.5 (5.5 lbs) Third time it's 159 and 165. (6 lbs) Average would be just under 6 lbs. (6+5.5+6=17.5 17.5/3=5.83 lbs.)

Scales tend to be more accurate on the upper end and often won't even register lighter weights, such as if you just try to weigh the rifle by itself.

Weigh yourself on your bathroom scale, with and without the gun. Do it a few times and average the difference.

EXAMPLE: You weigh 160, with the rifle you weigh 166. Rifle weighs 6 lbs. Next time you weigh 162 and with rifle 167.5 (5.5 lbs) Third time it's 159 and 165. (6 lbs) Average would be just under 6 lbs. (6+5.5+6=17.5 17.5/3=5.83 lbs.)

Scales tend to be more accurate on the upper end and often won't even register lighter weights, such as if you just try to weigh the rifle by itself.

*** brought it back home, still for sale ***

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.