JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hello,

I'm selling my DPMS Panther LR-308T. It comes with DPMS hard case, operations manual, chamber flag, field maintenance kit, and 2 DPMS 19 round magazines. I'm including 2 extra Magpul 20 round magazines. This is an AR-10 style rifle with free float barrel. The free float barrel LR308's are renowned for accuracy, just google it. The T, stands for tactical, it comes with a 16", 1 in 10 twist, heavy barrel.

With its capacity for .308win or 7.62 Nato, this is a great multipurpose rifle to serve in a variety of applications. If you were to just have one, this would be a fine choice. Take a look at what the other .308/7.62 Nato "Battle Rifles" are going for and you'll see that this is a much better deal. This rifle not only costs less and is easy on brass for those who reload, it has a lot more applications, modularity, and support from the open market. The AR is "America's Rifle." The AR-10 family sets the standard for accurate, magazine fed .308/7.62x51 NATO round.

This rifle is barely used and like new. It has been sitting in my gun safe for most of its life. It only has 35 rounds through it, and isn't even fully broken in. I cleaned the chamber and bore after every round for the first 25 rounds and then after the next 10, per DPMS operations manual. They specify another chamber/bore cleaning for every 10 more rounds through 100, with optimum accuracy reached at around 200 rounds.

I'm looking for $980. I may consider partial trade on a quality bolt action .22lr with an adjustable trigger, ie Savage Mark II series, Marlin XT-22, or CZ.

FTF, West Portland area. You will need to present a current Oregon Driver's License and sign a Bill of Sale for me. Preference goes to those with a CHL. I'll meet Washingtonians at an FFL in the Vancouver area for transfer.

For serious buyers, I can meet you at my gun club (Tri-County in Sherwood), so you can shoot it.

Thanks for looking,
Matt

Here is a review of the same model and configuration of rifle:
<broken link removed>

And a review of the LR-308 series by Jeff at Gunblast:
DPMS Panther .308 Semi-Auto Rifle

DPMS info and specs:
Shortly after the LR-308 came onto the scene, law enforcement personnel quickly identified it as an outstanding precision rifle. But many saw more potential than a heavy long range rifle. The LR-308T was designed to be a tactical carbine that would be more maneuverable than a larger rifle, but more powerful and versatile than a lighter, smaller carbine or shotgun.
The LR-308T features a 16” heavy barrel for minimum weight and length, while still delivering 20 rounds of 308. The high ride receiver will accept a wide range of optics. That and many other available optics make the LR-308T a true tactical carbine.

Barrel:

16" Length
4140 Chrome-moly Steel Heavy
Barrel
6 grooves, right-hand 1x10 twist,
button rifled
Chamber:

7.62 NATO
Method of Operation:

Gas operated rotating bolt
Bolt & Carrier:

8620 steel bolt carrier, heat treated
and plated per Mil Spec
Phosphated steel bolt, heat treated
and plated per Mil Spec
Sights:

None (mounting optics only)
Weight:

Empty - 8.5 lbs.
Length:

35.6"
Upper Receiver:

Thick walled, extruded from 7129-T5 Aluminum
Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black
No dust cover
Snag free design, smooth side look
No shell deflector
No forward assist
Right hand ejection
Raised Picatinny rail for easy scope mounting
Lower Receiver:

Milled from a solid billet of 6061-T6 aluminum
Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black
integral trigger guard
Aluminum magazine release button
Standard AR-15 trigger group
Stock:

Standard A2 Black Zytel Mil Spec w/trap door assembly
Handguards:

Carbine length ribbed free float tube.

To be perfectly clear, the pics of the LR-308T on the green couch are mine. As for the other pics, that is not my rifle, although it is the exact same model of gun, LR-308T. Everything is LIKE NEW people. The plain pic with the scope is direct from the DPMS website, it's a professional photo of the exact gun we're talking about, less the optics. The gun with the 4-horn sheep from Mars? Not mine, same model though, but no silencer.

BTW, here's the story about the sheep: A very nice 4 Horn Sheep, shot by DPMS Sales Manager Dustin Emholtz, while in Texas. It was shot at about 75 yards with the 16" Panther™ LR-308T and a Leupold scope.

You can go here to see more nice hunts with DPMS rifles, lots of other cool bragging with LR-308's if you take a gander while you're there: <broken link removed>

Are you actually still reading this?! Make me an offer! You know you want to.

dustin_4_horn.JPG

61641.jpg

553.jpg

549.jpg

538.jpg

Last Edited:
Sorry no pics yet. I was having some trouble with it today. I'll try to get some up soon. For now, if you pm me your cell I can text them to you very easily from my phone.

"I'm looking for $980. I may consider partial trade on a quality bolt action .22lr with an adjustable trigger, ie Savage Mark II series, Marlin XT-22, or CZ."

I am a novice shooter and really looking for something to train with. This rifle is just too much gun for me and too expensive to shoot right now, since I am going back to school and working part time. So really, .22lr is what I'm after, but maybe .17hmr? Hit me up.

BTT. Update: I haven't been active for at least a week, but I replied to all PMs now. For the record, I have given another member top priority on this, as he tried very hard to get a hold of me while I was under the weather. As soon as something solidifies, I will mark this posting SOLD PENDING FUNDS. If you don't see SPF, then I am open for business.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top