Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

***SOLD***Cetme C91 PTR HK G3 Clone *Thanks NWFA*

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by snooopidydoo, Mar 7, 2013.

1. snooopidydoo

snooopidydoo Medford Oregon Active Member

TRADED

Well this fine specimen has me so confused i disided to list it.
    When i first picked this rifle up i shot it at a friends house, 2 or 3 mags flawlessly. Since then it has sat in my safe and a buddies safe until he disided to shoot it. Shoots #1, and #2 would jam, problem continued.
    Now that i have it back i can pull the charging handle back, put a hot mag in and give it the HK palm slap and it doesn't want to chamber the #1 round. (bolt doesn't go into full battery) I tore it down completely and i see nothing wrong other than the head space is a little tight.
    The majority of the parts ARE HK G3 parts, stamped HK. So honestly i have no idea what could be wrong, but at least parts are cheap.
    I am going to order a new bolt to fix the head spacing.

If it's an easy fix and you want to help a guy out, i will buy beer and pizza!

Update!

Rifle is functioning again! view last post for update!

Included:
    11 HK G3 20 round mags
    2 Cetme 20 round mags
    NICE set of wood furniture.
    and depending on the trade... 180 rounds of 308 including 40 Tracers.

TRADES: + / - ammo, mags (open to negotiation)
    AR-15
    No polymer

View my other ads:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ri...0-ak-47-mags-ammo-**slide-fire**-package.html

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/sh...923-mossberg-500-home-defense-ati-folder.html

SOOOOOO
    Being a project rifle at this point i took lots of pictures.
    That being said here she is.

2013-01-21145615.jpg
    2013-01-21145650.jpg
    2013-03-07140242.jpg
    2013-03-07140304.jpg
    2013-03-07154816.jpg
    2013-03-07154809.jpg
    2013-03-07154802.jpg
    2013-03-07154831.jpg
    2013-03-07154932.jpg
    2013-03-07154950.jpg
    2013-03-07155012.jpg
    2013-03-07155030.jpg
    2013-03-07155058.jpg
    2013-03-07160723.jpg
    2013-03-07160703.jpg
    2013-03-07155106.jpg
    2013-03-07160744.jpg
    2013-03-07160828.jpg
    2013-03-07161904-1.jpg
    2013-03-07161904.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. Vex

Vex Southern Oregon Member

It really is a great rifle! I bet it's an easy fix when the bolt comes!

3. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

bolt head is probably not the issue unless its a century cetme with a ground bolt in which case it would be the bolt and the barrel.

what ammo did you use? certain ammo will clog the flutes . did you try cleaning the chamber then using a different brand of ammo? this is what you needed to do first since it was working really good for first couple mags

If the only ammo you shot was the herters then its probably not that since Herters has good reviews as far as reliability in these rifles.

did you measure your bolt gap ? what is your bolt gap ? should be between .3 and .5 millimeters (about .012 - .020 Inch).

did you try adding + size rollers to increase if your bolt gap that is if it was necessary ?

+ size rollers are cheap and fairly easy to install utube is your friend.

and how was the locking piece are there worn edges on the top ?

a new bolt will not fix your problem unless you had a bad extractor or extractor parts in which case all you need was a new extractor assembly which is cheaper than a whole bolt

4. Thunderblarg

Thunderblarg Beaverton, OR Active Member

Looks to me like someone might owe someone else beer and pizza

5. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

I have 2 ptr's. I have only had feed problems with cheap ammo. when i started shooting hornady supermax/zombiemax and federal silvertip i did not have them jam.... although at the same time i realized after i had torn the gun down completely and cleaned it that just wiping solvent over the rollers wasnt good enough. so i soaked the rollers, pinched them, rolled them, soaked them, rolled them, pinched them until they didnt feel sticky anymore. Pretty sure that was the main problem as it would not lock the bolt in place because i had shot cheap sticky ammo through it... it literally felt like tar..

6. snooopidydoo

Thanks for the Q/A if i don't hear back ill shoot you a PM, i really appreciate it. I owe you one. After reading I'm thinking i need to clean the flutes better. Also i haunt gotten a straight answer but will over site rollers fix the "safety" issue of having no bolt gap?
    I can post pictures if you'd like. Thanks again!!

7. snooopidydoo

My rollers are clean and roll great, but it definitely needs over sized.

8. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

no bolt gap is a serious issue. try the over size rollers and if that does not do it then a new locking piece . I seen one where the locking pc was so badly worn there was no gap and just a little with +1s but with a new locking pc it went right into the sweet spot with standard rollers.

if you have no bolt gap its not the flutes. the gap is your problem. as far as cleaning them just clean them like any other rifle . maybe try some gun scrubber or kroil .

it the rollers and locking pc don't give you the gap you need that means it will need some serious work .

be sure to check a couple utube videos on checking bolt gap make sure slap the charging handle and let it ride and not ride it with your hand sometimes it will appear to be no gap but you can still push a feeler gauge in

If the gap can not be fixed with the mentioned pcs it may be time for a new barrel or have the barrel repressed. This requires a great deal more work and skill and a press and or a welder depending if you replace the whole barrel and trunnion or just the barrel.

9. snooopidydoo

Well i'll order a new locking piece and rollers and see what happens. I always slap the charge handle and let it fly.
    As far as the bolt gap ill try to jam a feeler gauge in there but to the naked eye i don't think i could get a piece of paper in between the bolt and carrier.
    Wow that has really bursted my bubble with this rifle. I hope the locking mechanism and rollers will fix my issue.
    Do you have one of these rifles? Let me know ill send ya something. I appreciate the info, and this is great info for a potential buyer.

10. eldbillbo

you probably have nothing to worry about. once you put new rollers and or locking pc your problem should be solved, this not uncommon and considered matinence this should be a great rifle. My last one ate everything and never failed me and put a few hundred rds through it before letting it go,

original HK parts are quite valuable and far better quality than most US or other even HK contract parts from other countries .

11. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Do you have a cashprice or is it only for trade?

12. snooopidydoo

Looking for trades. I'd be open to cash offers, i don't like putting a cash price on my items in these times.
    shoot me an offer and i can sleep on it.

13. snooopidydoo

Bump

14. snooopidydoo

Back up, had some great trade offers but still available.

15. my65swede

my65swede Beaverton Oregon Active Member

This might sound silly but check your chamber to make sure you don't have the neck of one of those steel cases in it. The recoil operated roller lock system is very capable of rippomg the neck off steel cases and more common than one might think. This could be your chambering problem. It will be hard to see because when it happens it's usually done cleanly. If you don't have a broken shell extractor you can carefully push it out with a cleaning rod (muzzle to breach). Good luck.

16. Vex

Vex Southern Oregon Member

Pm'd you!

17. snooopidydoo

Hmm never thought of that. Ill check in the morning. Thank you for the idea!

18. my65swede

my65swede Beaverton Oregon Active Member

Well? :huh:

19. snooopidydoo

No broken casing stuck, and parts are still in AZ.... 3 days in AZ i have no idea why its taking so long.

20. snooopidydoo

Well can't thank you guys enough! the rifle is back to functioning! Replaced the rollers with +4, and also bought spare roller retaining plate, and pin. Aso polished a bur on the bolt where the super intense spring retains the bolt into the carrier which was keeping the bolt from opening complete (i know stupid i didn't notice that before) but i have yet to measure bolt gap, there is now more of a gap, and i can cycle complete mags now!
    I'm going to take it out to the range later and shoot a few mags after i measure gap and give a report.