Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SOLD! A request for the classifieds.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 97321, Dec 31, 2012.

1. 97321

97321 Albany Active Member

I find it useful to review the archives to see what a particular make/model has sold for in the past. It'd be nice if members didn't erase everything in their ads upon sale, but rather indicated what a gun sold for. Putting "sold" on the ad and closing the thread helps against members who occasionally try to bring a thread back from the dead (not that I've ever done that ;) ).

samuelm16 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. waltermitty

waltermitty seattle Active Member

all that does is to archive the asking price and that the FS has closed

3. rick

rick Close to Corvallis, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Many members are not comfortable with an easy-access searchable public record of what they've sold and how much they sold it for.

4. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Bingo. I wipe all my classifieds clean and lock the thread after it's sold.

5. Blackcobra

Blackcobra Camas Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

I agree with you - it is useful to review past transactions; I like to be able to see what the same/similar model firearm has sold for prior. I think some members erase everything so there is no 'record' of the sale - just a guess.

6. Blackcobra

Apparently I type too slow. Stupid iPad :)

7. DireWolf

DireWolf Oregon Active Member

I also don't understand why some refuse to answer questions in a thread. Many times things are asked - barrel length, trigger details, scope specifics, etc., etc - things not in the original ad - and the questions are answered via PM.

If it's worth answering, it's worth answering in the thread in which the question was asked. I have seen several threads where folks ask similar questions, which would be avoided if responses were in the original thread.

I don't get it.

8. Blackcobra

I agree 100%. Some get bent out of shape for questions in the thread. I don't get it, either.