JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at upgrading my solar to this kit from the "Orange store". A 10% vet discount and apparently the best warranty salts the sale.

Grape Solar 100-Watt Basic Off-Grid Polycrystalline Silicon Panel Kit-GS-100-BASIC - The Home Depot

Will add two 45w glass mat 12v batteries in parallel to serve as the routine power for an HF radio.

Then to power up cell phones, wall worts, & misc when the tactical situation does not permit gas generator operations.

Will also upgrade the current 12v to 110v inverter.

It looks like it can keep up with usage.

A K-TOR foot/hand crank generator is on the fall 2018 list.

Human Powered Generators For Sale to Generate Your Own Electricity | K-TOR

Total budget cap is $800.00. :s0077:

I think what is most recommended are deep cycle 6 volt batteries tied together. They weigh around 60 lbs each and have way more amp hours than any 12 volt glass mat or whatever batteries. They are designed for what you want to do.

Trojan T-605 6V Deep-cycle Golf Cart Battery

And as for panels, I think there's only one manufacturer (and I think it's here in Oregon) that is highly likely to be around for any length of time to back their actual product that they make, not some outfit that puts a sticker on something from China and calls it "theirs".
forget the name though

Check the Q&A section -- Grape responded to a couple questions and these two at least are informative:

In addition to the Community Answer below, I would also note that this kit is generally paired with a single 50 AH or 100 Ah battery. You should avoid having more than three batteries in parallel if at all possible.

You cannot add additional 100 watt panels to this kit. For an expandable system, start with our GS-100-KIT system.
EDIT: this is the kit referred to -- you can have 5 panels max: Grape Solar 100-Watt Off-Grid Solar Panel Kit-GS-100-KIT - The Home Depot

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top