Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

soft sided AR takedown case suggestions

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by djgaloot, Jun 23, 2012.

1. djgaloot

djgaloot Oregon City Member

I am looking for a high quality and very compact soft case for my AR-15 that I can store taken down. It has a 16" barrel with FH so the upper OA length is about 25" but will soon have a 23-1/2" OA length. The lower has a fixed Ace stock so it is about 19 inches long. The upper has a QD red dot optic so this could be stored dismounted if needed. The case could either be one sided where the components are all on one side or it can have two pockets where the components are side-by-side. I have looked up some with Google but was wondering if anyone had an awesome case they could recommend. The more compact the better.
    Thanks!

2. mag046

mag046 Eastern Washington New Member

3. djgaloot

Thanks!
    I missed this one somehow. It may be just what I am looking for.

4. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

The LaRue one is VERY nice. Highly recommended.

A few other companies make less expensive ones but you can't go wrong with the LaRue.

5. djgaloot

6. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

Man that's a nice case.

7. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

Yes, I bought one of the LaRue's and it is really nicely made, and I'm very picky about that stuff. Most of my other cases are Tactical Tailor and this is up to that quality. The only thing you have to watch out for is that it will fit a 18” upper set diagonally but a 20" would probably be too tight.