JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
UPS showed up today..

My RRA .458 socom upper arrived today! I wasn't planning on that for maybe another two months. Oder in the last week of Aug.. so about a month and a half!
Have a lower almost ready, need buffer tube and stock..
Then optics..
then brass....

Was not prepared for this, must scramble to acquire remaining needs to go shoot! Happy day!

I wanted something different. I looked into the .450 bushmaster and the .50 beowulf but I didnt like the bullet choices. With the .458 I can go from 250 up to 600 grains!! lots of choices there. I do like big heavy slow moving bullets.. seems like this would fit that bill quite well. I also like that its a bottle neck case as oposed to the above choices.
The wisper rounds just never seemed attractive to me.
and the 300 blk I thought about... But why stop at .308 when you can have much bigger :)
As a hand loader this round gives me lots to play with and experement with, something I enjoy doing. Once I get it all up and running I do plan on heading much further south for a piggy hunt :) mmmm bacon!
I plain on finnishing off with a fixed stock and 1-4 viarable scope, and maybe flip up sights and might redo the color over all with coyote brown.... choices..

As far as the suppresor goes, that will be down the road at some point however dollors are scarce these days and feeding the family comes first it will happen down the road. While this was originaly dev. to shoot large dia. bullets quitely it has grown to be much more then that.
check out --- www.458socomforums.com - Index for more information about this.

Ill give a report about it when I get it up and shooting.. Thought Id have at least another month and half to collect stuff as the back orders at RRA is massive right now and Im sure after last night it will get worse! (meaning the debates.)
So it might be a bit before I acually get to shoot it.. ( and starline was outa stock a week ago for brass!)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top