JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can hear it in the operating room now..........nurse, sponge......sponge Dr.

Forceps...........forceps DR.

Scalpel please.........scalpel Dr.

We need something bigger nurse.....hmmm, how about the .40 cal.

HAHA

In the UK it's not uncommon for hospital patients to dye of thirst. If you think government run health care will be run better here just go have a look at the VA.

Also, buried in Obamacare are laws requiring that all checking, savings and credit accounts be monitered by the feds in real time.

Repeal.

While I will accept that the VA has had some issues, if you look at the how they are funded, it's easy to understand why there are problems. People don't want to have to pay for the VA, so the budget suffers.

Remember that next time you complain about taxes and all...those taxes go to pay for the health care of disabled vets - and we're even having to pay for our own Tricare insurance now....all thanks to budget cuts thought up by congress critters.

Yes for all the people that have not been in the military will get a special treat if Obamacare does take affect...........................

Suffered through many, many years of it and it SUCKS. I paid for many doctors appoints on my own just so I would not go to medical.

I can't really ague with universal healthcare since most all the countries that rank higher than us in healthcare seem to make it work just fine. Add that to the fact that in this country we pay more than any other nation and still have a higher number of people suffering without care due to lack of insurance (more than enough to counter any trumped up claims made against other systems) and it seems when people say it won't work are really just saying the powers that be in this country will not let it work. Still...has this guy never heard of those wart freezing kits you can buy at the grocery store?

I can't really ague with universal healthcare since most all the countries that rank higher than us in healthcare seem to make it work just fine. Add that to the fact that in this country we pay more than any other nation and still have a higher number of people suffering without care due to lack of insurance (more than enough to counter any trumped up claims made against other systems) and it seems when people say it won't work are really just saying the powers that be in this country will not let it work. Still...has this guy never heard of those wart freezing kits you can buy at the grocery store?

Good points. Sometimes I think there is just a knee jerk "socialized" medicine reaction without much thought. Truth is that unless our government completely overhauls rules and regs (because the insurance industry will never do it ... our current inefficient system is very lucrative for the insurance companies ... just look at their profits) and somehow can get everyone covered our medical system will continue to rank behind socialized medicine countries.

I am dealing with our healthcare system as a patient right now being about 6 weeks out from prostate surgery. Hugely expensive. My docs told me the cost is so high because the system is using insurance money from me o cover costs of unreimbursed care that the system gives to ininsured people.

I have a friend who is undergoing breast cancer treatment now. My costs pale in comparison to hers already and she has yet to finish chemo, have surgery or radiation yet. There are things that insurance won't cover and yet her docs felt it was necessary. For instance she had to have a PET scan (a special imaging technique) that cost $24,000 but insurance wouldn't cover it. Fortunately, she has a person called a patient navigator who is an RN whose job it is to answer questions and approach foundations that have money to help cover the costs of serious healthcare problems. Thank God for foundations like the Susan Kommen foundation and others who help defray the huge costs of healthcare.

In this great country healthcare shouldn't be a worry. Personally, I will advocate as vociferously as I can for all to be able to have decent, accessible, and affodable healthcare as I do about my 2A rights.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top