JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about a few of the threads the other night and came up with this thought....

Are you on Social Media? ( Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.)

I know several of you probably are not due to privacy/safety concerns. However, these applications are how the Leftist Politicans and Liberal Media are gaining an advantage over the population, especially with the low-info and younger generation. This type of media is the norm, and how people today share thoughts and ideas. I think its a powerful ally that we haven't used to the full like our opposition has.

I know that most of us all thoroughly enjoy our discussions, but talking amongst ourselves like we do is really just preaching to the choir. We are going to have to seek new ways to reach these people and inform the masses, otherwise we're going to get drowned out by the media and their anti-2A message.....

Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

you bring up good points. I mainly don't like it because I really don't care if someone had a pork chop for dinner and it was full of gristle lol.
I just think its lame all the blow by blow postings about someone's day

But using it as you describe is a good thing

As I am watching the news and dealing with media in my profession, listening to reporters miss quote, and throw their personal opinion in on what should be neutral reporting on subjects they have no clue on, the irony hit me ……as the media operates on freedom of speech. All their power, freedom of press is based on the 1st Amendment.

I am willing to bet they have ruined more lives, caused more death with the abuse of the 1st amendment, yet no one tries to regulate it or enforce the regulations in place mostly thy have free reign to do as they please

No one says “hey, we need standard of accuracy”. “We need to be courteous “ “we need to not spread misinformation and slander”, “ we shouldn’t spread unnecessary fear for the recognition of breaking a story first”

No, they are just free to barge in anywhere there might be a story, no consideration or care about the consequence or impact on the people.

They are free to cause panic, the embellish stories to spread fear, based on inaccuracy for no better reason than to seek fame.
Then when sometimes a story gets the truth brought out, and it is nothing like reported there aren’t many if any consequences.
The press gets away with so many abuses that it is obviously rigged

We try hard to protect the 2nd, for the most part we all do the right thing, yet we are in a constant battle, no matter how many truths or facts we bring to the table it is still not ever good enough.

I believe if the 2nd was as abused as the 1st we would be in a world of hurt and they might actually be justified in their witch hunt, but as it stands we are constantly on the defensive, while they get to abuse, unregulated

Sorry for the rant but I have had my fill of the double standards surrounding our situation and the media is a huge thorn in the side of our efforts, and on many other fronts than the 2nd ever dreamed of.

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about a few of the threads the other night and came up with this thought....

Are you on Social Media? ( Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.)

I know several of you probably are not due to privacy/safety concerns. However, these applications are how the Leftist Politicans and Liberal Media are gaining an advantage over the population, especially with the low-info and younger generation. This type of media is the norm, and how people today share thoughts and ideas. I think its a powerful ally that we haven't used to the full like our opposition has.

I know that most of us all thoroughly enjoy our discussions, but talking amongst ourselves like we do is really just preaching to the choir. We are going to have to seek new ways to reach these people and inform the masses, otherwise we're going to get drowned out by the media and their anti-2A message.....

Your thoughts?

More info out the better.
One thing I like about NWF is it goes global almost instantly. A search for example on google about anything discussed here brings up links the forum threads.
Joe really has his site out to the SEngines in a big way.

More info out the better.
One thing I like about NWF is it goes global almost instantly. A search for example on google about anything discussed here brings up links the forum threads.
Joe really has his site out to the SEngines in a big way.

I think that one thing that would be super effective is that if NWF had a small link icon on every post/thread for Facebook and Twitter linked to the NWF FB and Twitter account....that way we could click the link and post those comments directly to those two sites to faster disseminate urgent news or thoughts.

Joe, are you listening?

My friends who hit Facebook are way too intense about the 2A. Too many posts and too angry for the average reader. They get shut out. I think the occasional "good day at the range" comment is well received and helps normalize gun ownership.
I lump the issue with the abused dog crowd. Yes it is bad, but 30 posts a day and I just tune you out.

The only benefit from "preaching to the choir" on this forum is to blow off steam of course but hopefully to give talking points that others haven't thought of on 2A issues and why the current political direction is so dangerous. These talking points will hopefully seep into dinner conversations and work break rooms as often as possible.
Other social media I'm all for as another tool, It's just not for me.
If I did Facebook I would use Simonpie's idea and slip in the occasional "good day at the range" comment etc. Emphasize the fun positive sporty aspects. You gotta change a persons mind gradually. Too much end of America as we know it stuff comes across as crazy even if it's true.

My friends who hit Facebook are way too intense about the 2A. Too many posts and too angry for the average reader. They get shut out. I think the occasional "good day at the range" comment is well received and helps normalize gun ownership.
I lump the issue with the abused dog crowd. Yes it is bad, but 30 posts a day and I just tune you out.

The 2 nd Amendment is an extremely charged and intense issue. I wish more people would get fired up defending it.

I think we need to change the paradigm.....

This is the kind of stuff that liberal forums are spewing out via social media.....with links to twitter and facebook

Disclaimer - NOT MY WORDS OR THOUGHTS BELOW, TAKEN FROM A LIBERAL FORUM

Declassified Benghazi Transcripts destroys Fox's Benghazi Myths

Last edited Tue Jan 14, 2014, 05:00 PM - Edit history (1)

Declassified Transcripts Of Benghazi Briefings Released: On January 13, Armed Services Committee Chairman Buck McKeon (R-CA) released formerly classified transcripts of committee hearings on the September 11, 2012 attacks on a U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya.

General Ham: "I Have Not Found The Intelligence That Would Indicate That An Attack In Benghazi Was Imminent And That Subsequent Security Should Have Been Deployed." In his June 26, 2013, testimony to the House Armed Services Committee, General Carter Ham -- commander, United States Africa Command, at the time of the attacks -- stated there was no intelligence indicating an imminent attack in Benghazi prior to the attacks:

HAM: Leading up to the events of 11 September, watching the intelligence very carefully as all of us did and post attack having the opportunity to review the intelligence, I still don't find -- I have not found the intelligence that would indicate that an attack in Benghazi was imminent and that subsequent security should have been deployed.

There is lots more of their BS untangled. Definitely worth a full read.

<broken link removed>

p.s. if they think of themselves as a proper news organization, when do we start demanding resignations at fox "news"?

And what Fox News actually wrote - ( for your reading pleasure)

The Benghazi Transcripts: Top Defense officials briefed Obama on ?attack,? not video or protest | Fox News

The 2 nd Amendment is an extremely charged and intense issue. I wish more people would get fired up defending it.

I don't really disagree with you. My comment was not so much about the 2A as about Facebook. It is a lightweight, frivolous place. Intense issues are a hard sell there.

I administer a pro-2nd Amendment FB page, mostly to spread news about gun-related events to other people who want to be aware, and hopefully, do something about it.

That's part of the reason I have my page. There are a lot of people I know who are sympathetic gun owners, but do not want to see five to ten posts about Michael Bloomberg's latest faggo+ry or the stupid Diane Feinstien comment of the day, every eight hours. I focus more on spreading the word about the latest assaults on our 2A, rather than try to use it to educate or sway the fence-sitters or lukewarm.

However, I will usually give my opinion if someone I know makes a stupid post or comment, and try to show them how they are wrong. I've lost a few so-called "friends" over my views and posts, but I don't care.

I don't really disagree with you. My comment was not so much about the 2A as about Facebook. It is a lightweight, frivolous place. Intense issues are a hard sell there.

I believe it's still more like "preaching to the choir". Most of my FB friends are supporters of the same causes as I am. Some are not. The people who are not can possible be swayed with reason, but likely not. To try and get "fired up" (like I have to try!) will just cause them to shut down, just like the abused animal posts Simonpie mentioned in a previous post.

Too much, too often is just ignored. But, a little positive nudge now and then is a great thing. I have recently started offering to take people who would otherwise never touch a gun out to go shooting. That seems to have gotten a little positive interest.

I have recently started offering to take people who would otherwise never touch a gun out to go shooting. That seems to have gotten a little positive interest.

In college, I took a female classmate and her boyfriend shooting. She had never shot a gun before. She is now on the board of directors of one of Colorado's pro-gun & hunting organizations, and is just as passionate about the issue as I am.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top