JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man ! I wonder if that deck hand made it into the cabin ? I guess until now I only "THOUGHT" I had been in rough seas. That cauldron from HELL trys to dig a hole then bury you in it ! I dont get seasick but just watching that made my stomach queasy . :p

I pulled for jack gillman out of pc way back in the day. Nobody hit the water until we rolled out. There were a couple times we made a lap out to the rock and back and nobody went out. Those days were rough but nothing like that.
Thanks for sharing

There's a reason the Coast Guard does their rough water rescue training at the mouth of the Columbia. If they can survive there, they can survive and rescue people just about anywhere.

The video doesn't really look like the Columbia though - and looking at the vehicles, this looks like it might be somewhere like Austrailia? The videographer's accent (while not being proof) leads me to believe this also. I did fast forward a few sections - is there any dialog that says this is the Columbia River bar?

There's a reason the Coast Guard does their rough water rescue training at the mouth of the Columbia. If they can survive there, they can survive and rescue people just about anywhere.

The video doesn't really look like the Columbia though - and looking at the vehicles, this looks like it might be somewhere like Austrailia? The videographer's accent (while not being proof) leads me to believe this also. I did fast forward a few sections - is there any dialog that says this is the Columbia River bar?

The video in the original post is filmed at the "Grey River Bar" in Greymouth, New Zealand.

I pulled for jack gillman out of pc way back in the day. Nobody hit the water until we rolled out. There were a couple times we made a lap out to the rock and back and nobody went out. Those days were rough but nothing like that.
Thanks for sharing

I know what your saying, I fished with Leonard Hammer and ended up buying both 'Popas toy' dory's. Sams still there from the San-pan but he's way old and can't see. Windy's gone, miss him. Frank frangapani too. We still have pics up on the PC dory days site going over some 12 footers almost vertical. John Costa now runs her, he's a good man and an old coastguard guy, he'll treat her right.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top