SO, you want to go fishing do you?

Reactions
Man ! I wonder if that deck hand made it into the cabin ? I guess until now I only "THOUGHT" I had been in rough seas. That cauldron from HELL trys to dig a hole then bury you in it ! I dont get seasick but just watching that made my stomach queasy . :p

Reactions
There's a reason the Coast Guard does their rough water rescue training at the mouth of the Columbia. If they can survive there, they can survive and rescue people just about anywhere.

The video doesn't really look like the Columbia though - and looking at the vehicles, this looks like it might be somewhere like Austrailia? The videographer's accent (while not being proof) leads me to believe this also. I did fast forward a few sections - is there any dialog that says this is the Columbia River bar?

Reactions
There's a reason the Coast Guard does their rough water rescue training at the mouth of the Columbia. If they can survive there, they can survive and rescue people just about anywhere.

The video doesn't really look like the Columbia though - and looking at the vehicles, this looks like it might be somewhere like Austrailia? The videographer's accent (while not being proof) leads me to believe this also. I did fast forward a few sections - is there any dialog that says this is the Columbia River bar?
The video in the original post is filmed at the "Grey River Bar" in Greymouth, New Zealand.

Reactions
I pulled for jack gillman out of pc way back in the day. Nobody hit the water until we rolled out. There were a couple times we made a lap out to the rock and back and nobody went out. Those days were rough but nothing like that.
Thanks for sharing
I know what your saying, I fished with Leonard Hammer and ended up buying both 'Popas toy' dory's. Sams still there from the San-pan but he's way old and can't see. Windy's gone, miss him. Frank frangapani too. We still have pics up on the PC dory days site going over some 12 footers almost vertical. John Costa now runs her, he's a good man and an old coastguard guy, he'll treat her right.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Service
    Steve is an excellent guy to deal with. After looking at some Form 4 items at another dealer who didnt seem interested in my money, i emailed...
Top Bottom