Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SO, you want to go fishing do you?

Discussion in 'Northwest Fishing' started by sheepdip, Jan 21, 2013.

1. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

2. 10 Spot Terminator

10 Spot Terminator Central Oregon Member

Man ! I wonder if that deck hand made it into the cabin ? I guess until now I only "THOUGHT" I had been in rough seas. That cauldron from HELL trys to dig a hole then bury you in it ! I dont get seasick but just watching that made my stomach queasy . :p

3. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

I fished commercially out of a 24 foot dory off Pacific city for until three years ago when I sold the lot of it. Never been in it that rough, thank God. Thanks for the vid sheepdip.

4. westcoastal

westcoastal north coast of oregon Active Member

I pulled for jack gillman out of pc way back in the day. Nobody hit the water until we rolled out. There were a couple times we made a lap out to the rock and back and nobody went out. Those days were rough but nothing like that.
    Thanks for sharing

5. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

My hands were sweaty and I think I just threw up a bit watching that, WOW.

6. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

There's a reason the Coast Guard does their rough water rescue training at the mouth of the Columbia. If they can survive there, they can survive and rescue people just about anywhere.

The video doesn't really look like the Columbia though - and looking at the vehicles, this looks like it might be somewhere like Austrailia? The videographer's accent (while not being proof) leads me to believe this also. I did fast forward a few sections - is there any dialog that says this is the Columbia River bar?

7. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

The video in the original post is filmed at the "Grey River Bar" in Greymouth, New Zealand.

8. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

I know what your saying, I fished with Leonard Hammer and ended up buying both 'Popas toy' dory's. Sams still there from the San-pan but he's way old and can't see. Windy's gone, miss him. Frank frangapani too. We still have pics up on the PC dory days site going over some 12 footers almost vertical. John Costa now runs her, he's a good man and an old coastguard guy, he'll treat her right.

9. sheepdip

a buddy of mine said grey river bar new zealand as well. i was just passing along a cool video/

10. sheepdip

wanna go fishing?

11. Simonsez

Simonsez Vancouver Wa Member

Pucker Factor of 10 right there...Wow!