JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bahaha. Fair weather riders.
Real bikers can and will ride year round. My heated gear keeps me toasty.
Ride for you, whereever and whenever it makes you happy.

Riding in shorts and a tee shirt in fair weather, feels like sex without a condom. Like sex without a confirm, you assume certain risks when you ride without gear.

Dress for the crash. When it happens You'll be glad you did.

Random thoughts from a semi old rider.

Riding in shorts and a tee shirt in fair weather, feels like sex without a condom. Like sex without a confirm, you assume certain risks when you ride without gear.

THIS!! I always wore my gear, regardless of the weather.

Yep. I got t-boned at an intersection once. Brand new $300 helmet saved my bacon. My very first ride out with the new helmet and I got clipped. Luckily walked away with bumps and bruises. Went back to the shop I bought the helmet from to get another one. Guy behind the counter says "didn't you JUST buy one of these?". I told him yep, but I got hit. He smiled and said well it did the job then. Will that be cash or card? :rolleyes:
I should have said earlier that it all depends on how bad it is going to be I learned along time ago riding dirt bikes buy the best gear you can afford if the best helmet out there cost $500 then find a way too get $500 lol HOW MUCH IS YOUR HEAD WORTH

But in all seriousness there are only two kinds of riders out there, ones that have fallen and ones that will.

I put quite a few miles on and off road between the ages of 16 and 28, and I never fell. Before that it was all on the dirt. I wrenched on them for 8 years in the shops. Now, laying a bike down? Heck yeah, that was the best way to stop when you were on the dirt and headed toward the immovable object at a high rate of speed! Just lock up the rear wheel and pull you left foot off that shift lever, lay it down, and ride it to a stop. :D

Harley Davidson is reportedly 'losing it's cool'
Harley-Davidson Is Losing Its Cool

Maybe they need to make them louder somehow? Or make them vibrate more? Do they still say "You don't need to worry until it STOPS leaking oil"?

I'm trying to find my old pictures but it's hard to get one's that I can take a picture with my phone that I can post lol way before digital camera lol the good old days IMAG1099.jpg

If I ever get another street bike, I've always want a 'busa.

I recently had the opportunity to buy a Busa, a turbo Busa.
Depending on how you look at it, its a good thing i bought my wife a new car about 2 weeks before the offer was made to me. I would have bought that Busa in a heartbeat. Listening to it pull out of the parking lot and head down the street pulled at my heart every time.

Random thoughts from a semi old rider.

Ya, i always wonder how anyone thinks that is a good idea.
A bee up the shorts, a leg against a hot pipe, any number of things. What really confuses me is the shorts and tank top riders that put on a $700 helmet, then accessorize with flip flops. o_O

When i was a kid we had a 20 something neighbor that came home with the a brand new ninja the first year it was released. He was awfully proud of how fast it was.
Then one day he came out of his house covered with road rash from head to toe. He also had a drinking and riding problem. Apparently, he decided to take it out on a gated stretch of roadway and buried the needle. Shortly after doing so, he lost control.
The guy was lucky to be alive, walking, and talking. Probably the only saving grace was being inebriated. And a helmet. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
Never saw him on a bike again.

When we crashed on a dirt bike we use to call it
"Going down for a Soil Sample".:eek: Crashed many times never
broke anything. :confused:
Bent shift levers, and broken brake/clutch levers. Always carried and extra clutch lever, bailing wire and electrical tape on the cross brace of the handle bars.

That's not true. I, too, live in the PNW and I've ridden all year around. Of course, it much slower and with both feet on the compact snow and ice (Brewster, Wash.).

I don' t ride so much anymore, because of my back trouble - there's a yellow streak up it about 1-1/2' wide.

Great fun but it's not if you fall it's when and it hurts...

Plus this is the PNW - bikes are good for maybe 4 months tops unless you like riding in the rain and having people not look out for you.

You can buy a lot of guns and Ammo for the price of a used bike and riding gear:p

Buy one! I've had 15+ bikes the last 5 years, just picked up a KTM 200 xc-w last week, going to give riding in the dirt another try. It's in rough shape but i work at a bike shop so I get parts for cheap!

before the helmet law i would shower, jump on my bike and ride to work and always have that crazy highway hair. Hot cold it didn't matter when i was young all i could afford was a motorcycle so come rain, snow, or desert heat i had to ride.
But in all seriousness there are only two kinds of riders out there, ones that have fallen and ones that will.
Fallen I have. Cut my liver open. Jacked up my kidney. Broken bones. I missed a corner going 115 without a helmet on. Bike was found at the bottom of the canyon by the river. And I can't even sit on a street bike seat now without shaking. Dirt bikes? I can ride hard and I'm pretty decent. Street? Hell no!

Fallen I have. Cut my liver open. Jacked up my kidney. Broken bones. I missed a corner going 115 without a helmet on. Bike was found at the bottom of the canyon by the river. And I can't even sit on a street bike seat now without shaking. Dirt bikes? I can ride hard and I'm pretty decent. Street? Hell no!

Speed kills, fortunately my last, best bike wreck knocked me unconscious for a month and without the memory I have no fear--I still ride a sportster, I had to wait for Grandma to croak before I bought it, she made me promise her in a weak moment

I missed my turn too

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top