JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
..........but just can't talk yourself into taking the plunge.

This chart is for you.
It is foolproof and it works.
You're welcome.

IMG_4885.jpg

Great fun but it's not if you fall it's when and it hurts...

Plus this is the PNW - bikes are good for maybe 4 months tops unless you like riding in the rain and having people not look out for you.

You can buy a lot of guns and Ammo for the price of a used bike and riding gear:p

Plus this is the PNW - bikes are good for maybe 4 months tops unless you like riding in the rain and having people not look out for you.

You can buy a lot of guns and Ammo for the price of a used bike and riding gear:p
Don't rain on my parade Joe! Lol. Been riding 30 years and haven't had a problem. (JINX). Just picked up this road burner from auction.

IMG_20170813_115823_hdr.jpg

I take my truck when it gets hotter than 105

I was in Utah in June when that heat wave hit the Southwest. I rode from Hanksville to Blanding. 122 miles no services. It was 108° when i left Hanksville at 1pm. I arrived in Blanding and it was 111°. I got a hotel, with ice cold AC.
It was the first time i actually considered myself not safe to ride any further. Its fair to say, i felt retarded. I was hydrated, but the damn desert sucked the life out of me.

Last Edited:
Street bikes? Ah:eek: Only owned one. Owned a dozen different Dirt Bikes.
Hodaka, Yamaha 250 Enduro, Honda 250 Elsinore, Husqvarna 390 CR,
IT 465 , several CR500s:D:D:D:D:D 'Brown's Camp' heaven on earth.:rolleyes:
Do it in the dirt. :cool:

I was in Utah in June when that heat wave hit the Southwest. I rode from Hanksville to Blanding. 122 miles no services. It was 108° when i left Hanksville at 1pm. I arrived in Blanding and it was 111°. I got a hotel, with ice cold AC.
It was the first time i actually considered myself not safe to ride any further. Its fair to say, i felt retarded. I was hydrated, but the damn desert sucked the life out of me.
I learned that lesson when I was stationed in Ft Hood. At those temps the hot breeze doesn't do nothing but dehydrate you and has more of a friction effect. Lol, good times.

Yup...........I've been riding since around '68 and I will admit riding in very hot weather
is a lot worse than the cold. If there is no ice I can ride and usually do. Anything over 95 or so and I stay home.
I live in a "helmet" state and man it gets uncomfortable.

before the helmet law i would shower, jump on my bike and ride to work and always have that crazy highway hair. Hot cold it didn't matter when i was young all i could afford was a motorcycle so come rain, snow, or desert heat i had to ride.
But in all seriousness there are only two kinds of riders out there, ones that have fallen and ones that will.

I learned that lesson when I was stationed in Ft Hood. At those temps the hot breeze doesn't do nothing but dehydrate you and has more of a friction effect. Lol, good times.

One thing that i have learned over the years of riding in hot weather...
I wet my shirt down, wring it out, and put it on. If it is really fricking hot like it was, i will fill my shirt with ice. I then put my vest on and get on down the road. Between the ice and wet shirt, I get a good 75 miles or so before it starts getting hot again and allows me to ride from gas stop to gas stop.
I have also filled my helmet with a bit of water and ice during a gas stop and then dump it out when its time to go. It occasionally will give you a ice cream headache.

Just retired and moved out of Moldnomah County to a place where heading east at the bottom of my hill points me toward "civilization" (stores, lights, traffic, texting kids - no thanks) but turning west puts me directly onto twisty country roads - woohoo! My scoot sat mostly idle for quite awhile and is now seeing action again.

I had a friend that tripped and fell off a 2nd story balcony and was killed.
He wasn't drinking, it was just a unfortunate accident.
Just think...............
If he had been riding his motorcycle at the time instead of standing on that
death trap of a balcony he would still be with us.
Remember, always wear a helmet when on a balcony.

There are two types of rider's out there THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN DOWN AND THOSE THAT WILL GO DOWN there is no getting around it if you ride a bike long enough you are going to crash one day

There are two types of rider's out there THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN DOWN AND THOSE THAT WILL GO DOWN there is no getting around it if you ride a bike long enough you are going to crash one day

Yep. I got t-boned at an intersection once. Brand new $300 helmet saved my bacon. My very first ride out with the new helmet and I got clipped. Luckily walked away with bumps and bruises. Went back to the shop I bought the helmet from to get another one. Guy behind the counter says "didn't you JUST buy one of these?". I told him yep, but I got hit. He smiled and said well it did the job then. Will that be cash or card? :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top