JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am 63, worked heavy construction most of my life. Hard work,long hours,outdoors with lots of travel. It has at times been seasonal so I waste no time and kept myself fit. Hard work and lots of noise takes its toll but since I retired the body is healing somewhat. I am learning from my older friends what good health is.

I have always been a large person, 190 lbs in the ninth grade and 275 today. At 5'11 I look overweight but can tighten my muscles to one solid mass. I don't run but do walk every day rain or shine. I work on my mind as much as I do my body by giving myself challenges. I shoot in competition but not to win. I ride motorcycles and do things to keep the body moving. If it all goes down I will probably die breaking my neck while tripping on my dog.

That is my goal. Yesterday while commenting on this I was in physical therapy for my knee...Getting electrocuted after a work out. They put these things on my knee to help blood flow after a work out. Shocks my knee for 15 minutes but not enough to hurt. I am getting better and better and "choosing" to cook meals at home that are healthier than I ever did in the past.
No more fast food. Only takes a minute to pack a lunch with good food rather than eating at Mcdonalds.

As has been said by a few one of the biggest things to increase my energy and motivation was ditching all liquids but water and coffee...black coffee even though I do like a bit of sugar and milk in there.

Older friend has both knees replaced and is always in pain. He is 81 and I would never want to be a looter in his sites. Man shoots a ruger Blackhawk 44 at the 200 yard gong and doesn't miss. Ungodly with a rifle, a master with a combat shotgun in the matches plus normally stays in the top three in the subgun matches. Skilled with most any weapon he picks up, if you can do this at his age then you should get through any SHTF.

I am 63, worked heavy construction most of my life. Hard work,long hours,outdoors with lots of travel. It has at times been seasonal so I waste no time and kept myself fit. Hard work and lots of noise takes its toll but since I retired the body is healing somewhat. I am learning from my older friends what good health is.

I have always been a large person, 190 lbs in the ninth grade and 275 today. At 5'11 I look overweight but can tighten my muscles to one solid mass. I don't run but do walk every day rain or shine. I work on my mind as much as I do my body by giving myself challenges. I shoot in competition but not to win. I ride motorcycles and do things to keep the body moving. If it all goes down I will probably die breaking my neck while tripping on my dog.

I'm compleatly with that working on the mind, Jim. I have been doing Lumosity for over a year, I think that it's worth the effort (I do several sets per day), especially given the level of meds that I have to take. It's fun too! Also, crossword puzzles, etc. What with the drugs, the strokes and sleep apnea I need to do every thing possible to exercise my brain molecule!

I'm compleatly with that working on the mind, Jim. I have been doing Lumosity for over a year, I think that it's worth the effort (I do several sets per day), especially given the level of meds that I have to take. It's fun too! Also, crossword puzzles, etc. What with the drugs, the strokes and sleep apnea I need to do every thing possible to exercise my brain molecule!

Thinking about survival in a SHTF really makes the mind work if you are honest in your thinking. I read history to see the behavior of people in bad times then try to focus in on who as a people we are today. Add to that personal experience and the common sense to see what would happen and it gives the mind a good workout.

Lots of other topics too like my next love life with that rich widow down the road who still has her husband's gun collection:D:D:D. Just thinking...:D:D:confused:

What really got me thinking was reading about the Bosnian war and how Milosivec manipulated the different ethnic groups as a means of destroying the Republic and then recruited the urban poor trained and transported them to attack rural poor in a different part of the country, at the end he had militias' attacking each other based on ethnic differences everywhere. The Army was used to cordon off areas where the militias operated to keep the press out and keep the victims IN, as long as they were not directly involved the Generals did not care, the troops followed their orders.
From there I studied everything I could find on the Spanish Civil War, which was actually a Soviet proxy war against Capitalism and religion. The SCW was text book soviet insurrection and all other insurrections have followed the same pattern since then. America is in the midst of such an insurrection, guided by Obama and his masters and they will use the same tactics against America. Send black troops against white suburbs, rich against poor, foreign troops in other areas as 'peace keepers'. Congress is a bunch of entitled, cowering, sycophants and will do no more than make noise

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top