JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ain't got muffin top, I don't jiggle when I walk, I can still flex my pecks, traps, delts, quads and obliques, I put my socks and work-boots on and take them off standing up, and I'm tougher than my three late-teenaged sons.

I'm no "Rambo" anymore as I approach the half-century mark, but I'm a LONG way from Fud. Admittedly, I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm every bit as good as I was once... and that's the last thing you'll most likely see. o_O

I'm not taking any medication that I need to live. Blood sugar is creeping up a little but have recently modified my diet.
I might just Survive the first wave or two of whatever. After that...........

I walk 2 miles every day rain or shine to keep my dog in shape. Now can I have some of those really good guns ya'll are talking about?:D

Some time ago I was a bit over weight and found if I wanted to lose weight no diet would work. Had to change my lifestyle. Still fat but really happy to do something different:D.

I give credit to my cancer five years ago as saving my life. That and three neck surgeries got my attention! I was getting old and soft. For years I had been tearing my body apart. Now I was broken and had Cancer.

At first I could only just walk. And only a mile or so in a day. The pain was bad! And the pain meds were worse!
Surgery had fixed the cancer and my neck. Now I had to dig out of this health hole I was in. I had gone from 190lbs to 160 and had a gut. Yes. I was a skinny fat ba$tard! It was a deep hole.

If you ever find yourself in this diminished state I'll tell you what to do. Walk! Just walk! Every day. All you can. Don't worry about any work out. Just walk.

It's so simple it goes over most peoples heads.

Then stop any meds as you go. Once you start down the pill popper road it's tuff to stop. But worth getting your health and life back.

Now I walk 3-5 miles a day with the dog. And last November I started to work out at the gym 3 days a week.
I'm 6'1'' and my weight is back to 185lbs. My waist is 33''again, and I have my 16'' arms back. My blood pressure is 120/60. And I'm strong!

Not bad for a 47 year old?

Anyways I wanted to tell anyone that wants to get stronger and healthier. It can be done.
It takes time. But I was in bad shape and pulled myself out of my pit. I guess you could say I just walked out?

Last Edited:
I think my dog has prolonged my life. Those long walks help in a lot of ways, both mental and physical. Medic is absolutely right in my opinion, walk as often as you can. :)

My dog saved my life! He made me walk.

I have always been muscular and strong. And my wife is just as healthy.
My time at 160 was a small portion of my life. But had a huge impact. I will keep up the fight!

I'm almost back to what I was. Maybe 5-10lbs to go.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads