JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry if this has been posted before...

.950 CALIBER RIFLE

Put aside your girly-man .458 Win Mag or your wimpy .50 cal and watch guys shoot a real gun, the largest center fire rifle ever made, the .950 JDJ by SSK Industries (Ohio).
Only three were ever made. This was the lightest, the carbine version, weighing in at 50 lbs. It shoots
a .95 caliber 2,400 grain bullet at 2,100 fps using 240 grains of powder, which generates 25,400 ft/lbs of muzzle energy and 277 ft/lbs of recoil energy.
Each round costs $40.

The brass is $35 each, barrel blank is $450 and the action is $2000
A couple 50's and a 223 to compare and those three .950 guns are not the only ones made at this time.

95cal2500grnbulletw.jpg

Personally, I think it takes stupid to a whole new level, but this is still America (sort of) and you have a right to waste your time and money in any manner you choose. Like many of you probably have, I have fired a 105mm recoilless rifle with a .50 spotting rifle. I didn't even have to pay for the ammo!

There is things we all do that takes stupid to a whole new level and many kinds of hobbies
are not cheap and some of us have the funds to waste time and money like we have, done and do and will keep doing.
But its life and some of us live it to the fullest instead of wishing we did when your 80 years old and cant.
All of this is opinion as some only shoot 22 lr all year and think if you shoot any thing bigger its a waste of time and money, then some think snow sleds, motorcycles, quads and boats are a waste of time and money.
If I didn't do what others call a waste and time in money I would be working and sitting at home every day when I'm off doing nothing at all because of others stupid opinions.
Just think if you could waste lots of time and money like Dillon with tanks, flame throwers, mini guns,
and many other toys that eat several thousand rounds a minute, if I won the big lotto I would.
Be a doer and live life when you can instead of letting others opinions dragg you down.

I'm gonna guess that although they aimed at something, hitting the target wasn't really the game for the day ;)

It's all for the experience.

So long as Mr. Winky is still working without blue pills I'll stick with more reasonable loads, but whatever floats yer boat.

Male menopause is a lot more fun than the female version, no doubt. I'm thinking of a red motorcycle, personally.

Oh and I didn't mean to imply that I didn't think that that .950 isn't cool as all get out.. just that many kinda overlook the fact they've likely got a heavy hitter the corner already.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top