JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First be thankful I just left the SF area, break out my survival box, which includes a stove, lots of gas, water, and a bit of food for one. Pack it all up, with which ever firearm I have have handy, head west. Play it by ear after that.

:D:D and Seatle has gone up in a fireball. There is a quick rumor that LA and San Fran has gone too. Just then there is a loud far off boom and EMP has shut down all electrical including vehicles. What ya going to do??:s0114::s0114:

jj

Feel satisfied that the US won't retaliate as stated by our "dear leader" so I can feel smug about our commitment to peace and protection of the environment by not vaporizing our enemies who we forced to hate us anyway.

:D:D and Seattle has gone up in a fireball. There is a quick rumor that LA and San Fran has gone too. Just then there is a loud far off boom and EMP has shut down all electrical including vehicles. What ya going to do??:s0114::s0114:

jj

Not worry too much,cause the news around here would have come from Seattle.It was a hoax.

And if it was an EMP how would you be watching the news?

:huh:

That EMP burst that only affected 10% of cars did us all a favor and made all of those Pruis' useless.

...and if this event did occur then I would definately not be going to Portland or anywhere through Oregon. If an EMP event occurred that means my laser detector isn't working and I won't be able to avoid those sneaky OSP guys hiding in the shadows of the overpass. :s0131:

I'd head to the coast or north to Canada/Alaska.

I am gonna get my old style coffee pot and put it on the gas burner while there is still pressure and make myself a great cup of coffee

jj

MMMM Happy Happy Go Go Juice - maybe a nice Kona or Sumatran light roast...

That EMP burst that only affected 10% of cars did us all a favor and made all of those Pruis' useless.

You mean that half of the Obama for Change bumper stickers would be gone? :s0112:

...and if this event did occur then I would definately not be going to Portland or anywhere through Oregon. If an EMP event occurred that means my laser detector isn't working and I won't be able to avoid those sneaky OSP guys hiding in the shadows of the overpass. :s0131:

I'd head to the coast or north to Canada/Alaska.

How do you figure it would only affect 10% of cars? Almost all cars 198x and up have an ecu in it where a computer chip tells the engine how to run. Are you saying only 10% of cars are newer than that and would be affected?

How do you figure it would only affect 10% of cars? Almost all cars 198x and up have an ecu in it where a computer chip tells the engine how to run. Are you saying only 10% of cars are newer than that and would be affected?

I'm not figuring, just responding. Don't let it imply that I agree. From Page 1 of this thread:

In other words, 90% of the cars would not even stall if they were running when an EMP happened.

Though I would be thrilled to see all Prius cars and their drivers off the roads.

Interesting tool..but it ignores the geomorphic effects on thermal and pressure wave propagation. In PDX the West Hills would have a big effect depending on the altitude of the weapon when it detonates.

Well a bit of an update :D

You survived the first wave and this is what you have learned.

Your leardership decided he really was from Kenya and moved in with his brother.

While it still isn't clear where the bombs came from they only hit the big cities, all of em.

Your cram course on spanish isn't cutting it:s0112::s0112:

All the roads within 150 miles of cities the size if Eugene or larger are not passable by 4 wheel vehicle.

You are running low on coffee but have enough food you don't have to eat your sorry a$$ed liberal brother inlaw.:s0112::s0112: You have managed to save some BBQ sauce just in case.

One good spot of news is they are still trying to get jobs to come to Oregon LOL For the few people still alive. Got to pay those mortages

jj

I thought this at first as well. Til I saw the update version. Type in Portland, select your nuke then hit the fallout button. Those damn east winds are gonna change our lives!!!

Ground Zero II, Google Maps and Nuclear Weapons

Well in that case, I would be fine past 21 kilotons and be marginally affected with a 100kilotons, anywhere in between I should be fine with the fallout.
The elevation of the west hills would be a big factor about blocking a lot of it though, that is one thing the tool doesn't factor in. That should ensure I'd be fine up to 100kilotons.

I'm glad I don't live closer in, and regardless I'd probably be heading out further if it did happen.

Hmmm, property in St. Helens is looking more and more promising by the minute, seeing that it is out of the blast radius for fallout of even a 50mt nuke.

You have to take into account that there will not be just one weapon utilized against a target. Many years ago I was informed that if Honolulu ( where I was stationed) was valued by the Soviets as much as we valued Vladivostock there would be a weapon in the 10 megaton range going off over Pearl Harbor every few seconds for TWENTY minutes. The successive waves of incoming warheads would be kicked to each side as the one ahead of them detonated...thus covering a goodly portion of the area. The Puget Sound area would doubtless get the same treatment...... Have a nice day

Well that explains why countries need hundreds or thousands of nukes. I knew it had to be for carpet bombing or successive bombing.

Of course in Russia's case it may just be in case they lose 50% of them to people who find them in random wood sheds.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top