JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
funny, last time I went to the doctor, I had my gun on me, IWB carry. The doc saw my extra mag when he went to listen to my heart, he paused and asked "what's that?" so I answered, "its part of my everyday carry" and that was the end of it. Pretty sure he had no idea what "everyday carry" meant...

BTW there are no signs prohibiting guns in my docs office, so since its legal, I carry and will continue to do so, if I am ever asked to leave, I will, and never return. But so far its all good.

Coffee has been proven to be good for you in moderation. In particular if you are a drinker it greatly limits liver damage

This is not difficult to understand. When the gov pays for your healthcare they own you body and soul period. While HIPPA is in force today does not mean it will be next year when obammycare goes into effect. The American people have given up all rights and privacy with themselves by giving into universal healthcare. If you think that it can't happen or as the libs will say show me one thing obamma has done toooooo. Simple response Do you think as we march forward do we get more liberty and privacy or less. What does history tell you.

Quite honestly, when I am asking about medical history, social history, etc. I am looking for a better understanding of the patient and current problem. I only ask questions about firearms if the patient brings firearms up within a context of intentions to harm self/others.

The best answer is: "I decline to answer." Just as if you are declining a specific exam or procedure. No dramatics, emotion or anything, just a plain vanilla answer. I guarantee the practitioner and nurse won't even remember your answer ten minutes after you leave.

Originally Posted by Father of four
Doc...Did you and your wife have sex recently?
Me... Sorry, but that's none of your business.

Doc...Do you stand or sit when you urinate?
Me... Sorry, but that's none of you business.

Doc.... Chevy or Ford?
Me...Sorry,.....

"So... You sit?"

Doctor told him not to lift any heavy weights!

Get used to them asking. I am on both sides of that question (yes, that means what it implies) and my answer is No, I do not have any guns at home. Trying to be coy with them will only bring more negative attention. Just my 2 cents. Do what you wish.

Gotta love Gunny

My doc is the same one that delivered my kids. Plus the fact I'm too old to care about what people think about me any more.

So I'll go on about how my kids man the crew served machine gun anchoring the north end of the protective line surrounding my house. They are tired cause I made them do a stand to drill at 2 AM last night and since it was raining, I made them stay out there an extra half a hour.

moose, i love your training regime.

My doctor has never and will never ask that question. Besides he knows the answer, from the 45 on my hip when I am R/O when he comes to shoot his pistol.

This is not difficult to understand. When the gov pays for your healthcare they own you body and soul period. While HIPPA is in force today does not mean it will be next year when obammycare goes into effect. The American people have given up all rights and privacy with themselves by giving into universal healthcare. If you think that it can't happen or as the libs will say show me one thing obamma has done toooooo. Simple response Do you think as we march forward do we get more liberty and privacy or less. What does history tell you.

Fully agree. Obamacare promised doctors and hospitals more income as they reduce patient face time, it was a way to get their support. Despite the obvious problem of less/worse care it will in time put doctors and patients at odds and some of them will do the governments (their bosses) bidding instead of yours. Thankfully most medical professionals go through all that expensive education and work those long hours because of compassion. Lets just hope we really can pick our doctors so we can find one biased towards patients rather than profit, or get lucky w the doctor the gov assigns you.

Medical professionals are very high on my respect list. I love ya when I can barely make it through the doors. I love ya when I'm watching the ceiling panels and fluorescent lights go by as I'm being wheeled along helplessly. But mostly I love ya for having the humanity to choose a career that helps people when they need it the most.

Thank You!

Insurance companies and the government bureaucrats who will now run it all.. not so much.

Just had the checkup at Interstate Providence and this question was part of the intake form. There were a number of other non/quasi medically related questions. I just left them blank, and the doc didn't ask me about them. Didn't need to be polite or rude, just didn't respond.

Just had the checkup at Interstate Providence and this question was part of the intake form. There were a number of other non/quasi medically related questions. I just left them blank, and the doc didn't ask me about them. Didn't need to be polite or rude, just didn't respond.

yeah, we dont look at those forms. They are liked by the administrators but I hate them. I prefer to converse with my patients rather than read a checklist of unrelated crap

So my step daughter went into the doc yesterday and my wife got the firearm question. She said yes and they were all secured. I guess I'll see if the feds show up at my house first for confiscation :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top