JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When do people realize they made the wrong choice for investments?

Its a good thing my investments in black rifles didn't pay off but my wife doesn't think so.

Did anyone else buy a bunch of cheaper ARs and mags for future investments?

At least your investments didn't lose value. You know what it's like to lose 30K in the stock market in a day? I do. :(

I invest in the stock market and real estate, not firearms. There is no guarantee you will be able to transfer them if a federal ban came out. Plus you might shoot your eye out. Didn't you know those things are dangerous?:eek:

I invested in reloading supplies.. Always something I can use, and even more so if it becomes scarce on the shelf and there is another buying panic.. I am set for probably close to 2 - 3 years at my standard shooting level.. I can always sell powder, primers, bullets to others if there was ever a need. I dont invest in black rifles anymore.. there isnt a point, now that they have become more popular youy can get them everywhere for 500 - 600$, doesn't make much sense.. now that being said.. lowers are a nice commodity that you can buy for 50 - 60 a piece and if for some reason SHTF they would start going for 120 or more.. but that being said.. I doubt that is going to happen.

I also dont invest in the stock market.. it has not been good to me..

When do people realize they made the wrong choice for investments?

Its a good thing my investments in black rifles didn't pay off but my wife doesn't think so.

Did anyone else buy a bunch of cheaper ARs and mags for future investments?

The national threat may be idled but the state level says they may still be a decent investment.

I feel very comfortable about the 'investments' I've made over the past number of years. Trump's win doesn't free us from the threat of gun control, only, perhaps, staves it off for a time at the national level. States will be the battlegrounds from this point on - and Oregon is dead in their sites. I do expect Salem to come after us in 2017, so, in my opinion, it's still time to keep investing ahead of whatever it is they want to do to us.

I might have purchased a whole squad's worth of AR magazines from Brownell's on Monday in anticipation of the election, despite my gut feeling that Trump would win. Might have.

OTOH, Oregon is still completely in the hands of the Democrats. So it might not have been such a bad investment after all. Assuming that I actually made the investment.

Personally, I did a bit of everything... New arms, standard capacity magazines, ammo, reloading supplies, etc. I consider them all worthwhile investment at this time...

We have staved off the Federal threat, at least for the time being. But Oregonians are wise to continue to invest in those items that Kate Brown has already clearly identified as being targets...
Nasty black rifles (KB's a racist), and standard capacity magazines. Don't be surprised to see some sort of ammo restriction floated either, perhaps M855, or self defense HP rounds. As well as reloading supplies, perhaps primers, and most likely lead projectiles (to protect the environment).

Just think how nasty it could become and you'll most likely be on the right track for fighting against the 2017 Oregon Legislature...

While we appear safe at the national level we still have to worry about at the state level, especially in Oregon where we effectively have a one party system that has already released an aggressive agenda against gun owners.

If you bought and continue to buy to preserve at least your own and your family's rights good on you. If you bought to profit then life may be a bubblegum. I'll sell you my tears for $1,000 per drop since they are pretty scarce over your loss.

Just wait until next year, when the Washington attorney general starts actively trying to push his equipment bans. We're not out of the woods yet, unfortunately.
That being said, everything I purchased over the last year (not much, admittedly- just some magazines and 2 lowers) is for my and my family's use. The election DID drive me to buy the lowers sooner than I would have otherwise, but it's never too soon to start collecting parts for that build, right? Now I'm just a couple months ahead of schedule!
I don't feel bad for people who spent thousands of dollars stockpiling ARs with the intent of flipping them for a huge profit.

I would have a hard time carrying all my shootin stuff in my Dakota Pickup. I didn't "Invest" in anything. I got better things to do then run up a credit card.

Well its not like guns "go bad" by just sitting in your safe or wherever you keep 'em.
So you can always sell or trade 'em down the road regardless.
And if nothing else you'll have one rifle with lots of spare parts! :D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top